need new gardening ideas

Reaction score
i have moved from a lot that was almost 1/2 acre and now live in the city. My yard is mostly in the front. I have a wall of pine trees on the south side of my house, but they are not growing into my property. I have two pine trees on the north side that are really growing into my yard. I need new and creative ways to plant veggies. I need to plant as many things that can grow up as possible, and I need some good ideas for container gardening, also. I have a very long balcony that gets full sun all day. My hubby wasn't thrilled with the idea of putting planter boxes on the balcony railing---but I think I could convince him if I could make them look really nice. Any an all ideas for planting in my difficult yard would be helpful. I do have a backyard where I could put some raised beds back towards the fence---but the back yard is narrow---actually, I guess it is about the same size as the back yards in the new houses I see being built around town. I have a fairly good sized yard for living in town, it is just that most of it is in the fron and on the sides. I have considered a garden in the front side yard with a cute picket fence around it---but I have to worry about one of the big pine trees. about 1/3 of the tree is growing into my yard. We have considered asking the neighbors if they are really attached to those two pine trees that are g rowing into our yard---and offering to take them down if they don't care.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard! :) Do you have any photos? It would really help to be able to see it.

Ask a Question