I need some gardening help.

Reaction score
I am new to the forums and upon reading some of the threads, I have come to ask for some help.

I have just started planting flowers in my front yard. But do to lack of knowledge my gardening is a bit on the boring side! I have daisies, and some tall leafy green plants that were here before we moved in.

What can I do to add some color to my flowers that would be not too expensive and also would maybe last throughout the summer. I live in northern USA so our season seems to be short.

I would love some help if anyone has any ideas for a beginner to get started.

Reaction score
Zinnias, marigold, cosmos are all easy to grow and add color to your garden.. just dig up the soil and scatter the seeds. I love they way these plants grow in them wild. Day Lilly bulbs are also easy to grow.. but i am not sure how expensive they are where you live.

Reaction score
You could add some perennials as well, and be sure to have flower in the next season too, without planting new ones. Some of the perennials I suggest are Plumbago, and Mexican bush sage, I have them in my garden and they are very hardy and easy to grow.

Plumbago
images

Mexican bush sage
images

Have a look at this website, they have the perennials listed alphabetically and also what other plants go well with it.

http://www.bhg.com/gardening/plant-dictionary/perennial/

You could also plant scrubs with colored leaves.

You will find the scrubs on the same website.

Have fun building your dream garden and remember it takes time to have your perfect garden.

Ask a Question