Garden statues and decorations

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the garden art, it gives the garden some contrast and more interest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
I love to see garden statues and decorations in any garden. Bird baths are one of the things I like to see. These statues and decorations tend to add a good ambience to any garden. I love most of what I see here in the foregoing posts. A little bit of decoration here and there is okay, but it should not be overdone otherwise it defeats the whole purpose. The following are good examples:

custom_image.jpg
images

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really like those metal lookin flowers. My husband and I made a flower out of spoons last year. I have it put up for the winter, but will get it back out when spring finally shows up.

I love having a little decoration in my yard. I do think it can be overdone, but for the most part it's fun to see how people express themselves in their yard.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I like garden art. It makes your garden to look really beautiful. You can have simple and still change how your garden looks. You can also arrange stones in a unique way and then have them painted with different paints.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I am not sure that I would appreciate statutes in the garden as a decoration. I would prefer a miniature pond. It is constructed by digging a shallow pan on the ground and them covering it with a blue pondliner. Soil and gravel are layered at the bottom. Fill with water and then place floating acquatics like lilies and elodea. When they bloom, it is a sight to behold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We inherited several pieces of statues from my In-laws house when they passed on, house cleaned out etc. Doubt I would have bought any to begin with. But as my property/garden is large enough I find various places to put them. This is one of them. Thought I had more shots of the others on comp. Mentally counting----there are---5 of them.
naked boy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We don't have any statues, but we do have two antique Japanese stone lanterns, a six ft pagoda

P1000364.JPG

P1000165.JPG

and an illuminated fountain. This was supplied by Massarelli from America. At the time there was nothing like it available in the UK that I could source.

P1000729.JPG

These can be illuminated at night by four switches behind the lounge curtains.

P1000626.JPG

P1000627.JPG

P1010078.JPG

We also have our Japanese tea-house, which has its own power supply,

P1000567.JPG

It can also be illuminated by one of the switches.

P1010075.JPG

These features I built in the mid-eighties, to compliment our 3000 gallon koi pool that occupied the patio beyond the fountain, which we closed four years ago, had filled in and paved over. The only work I've not done in the garden. The lanterns and pagoda I made from concrete.

The tea-house has housed my two vinyl jukeboxes for well over a decade.

P1010063.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love garden art, and these are gorgeous examples of it in this thread, very cool.

I'm going to try to post a picture I have here - yay! that worked!

Okay, this is a metal birdbath I got at the thrift store for ten bucks, filled with stones I also got at that same thrift store - they were all together in a bag for two dollars.

View attachment 403
It looks lovely, except in my garden I know most of the time it would be getting things like rain, lichen and dead leaves in it and would no longer look lovely.

Ask a Question