Garden statues and decorations

Reaction score
i was asking a question on the pond forum and took this pic. it reminded me of the big bowl fountain above, but this is a repurposed tabletop fountain so it's only about a foot high

exteriors001-4_zpsbf103bb5.jpg

Reaction score
Gnomes!!!!, you've got to love 'em or hate 'em but the're here to stay. They even go on holidays.
Ornimental fountains, with the sound of trickling water, can really set off a garden.
But hey, have the best of both worlds. A couple of gnomes frolicking in the cascade of water from the fountain. ;)

Reaction score
have't seen gazing balls mentioned. i picked up a mirror one last year when biglots started selling out summer stuff, then got two more later in yellow and blue. they sit together on a mound i'm tying to fill with flowers. i'm keeping an eye out for a red one also to have the three primary colors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Philphine, this fountain looks so pretty, I really like it!
Currently, I dream about a swing like this, it looks lovely and it would be fun to sit on it:

Japanese_garden_picture_v1224261958.jpg

Reaction score
This lawn is decorated with used and thrown spoons... take a look...

ymp.jpg

And here is some awesome natural garden art... Oh! my it takes my breath away..
garden-8.jpg

I actually love the spoon decorations. I wonder what inspires someone to look at a plastic spoon and think, "Yeah that would make an awesome garden decoration."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The spoon decoration is really unique!

This stone fairy house (or maybe it's a bird house?) makes a lovely garden statue, I really like it, I wouldn't mind having it in my garden:

pinetum-park-and-pine.jpg

Reaction score
The spoon decoration is really unique!

This stone fairy house (or maybe it's a bird house?) makes a lovely garden statue, I really like it, I wouldn't mind having it in my garden:

pinetum-park-and-pine.jpg

That is a beautiful little stone house. I like that it looks weathered, like an antique that's been there a long time.

Reaction score
I actually love the spoon decorations. I wonder what inspires someone to look at a plastic spoon and think, "Yeah that would make an awesome garden decoration."
It is a really innovative idea.. a great way to use stuff that would otherwise add to the piles in waste dumps. I also found some neat flowers/ pendants and lamp shades made from spoons. They are innovative too.
images
images

planting-happiness-diy-2013-flower-candle-milk-bottle-plastic.jpg

Reaction score
It is a really innovative idea.. a great way to use stuff that would otherwise add to the piles in waste dumps. I also found some neat flowers/ pendants and lamp shades made from spoons. They are innovative too.
images
images

planting-happiness-diy-2013-flower-candle-milk-bottle-plastic.jpg

Amazing. I love those lotus tealight holders. When they're illuminated, they look expensive.
The pineapple light is also really cool. These are brilliant ideas for plastic spoons.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Brill crocs Maddie I planted up my sons hillwalking boots.

There are beautiful new Statues in the Italian Gardens Glamis Castle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, the candlesticks look gorgeous, it's hard to believe that they're made from plastic spoons. I wish I could make something like this too, it's a lovely decoration:)

Reaction score
Maddie, the candlesticks look gorgeous, it's hard to believe that they're made from plastic spoons. I wish I could make something like this too, it's a lovely decoration:)
Claudine, It isn't really hard.. since the spoons are naturally shaped that way. I did make some fro my son during the holidays. I am used to making roses/flowers with wax to decorate my handmade candles. This is just child's play compared to that.. but you need to wear protective gloves to avoid burning your fingers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I should give it a try then. I really like making things like this. I often use plastic spoons when I have classes so if I stop throwing them away, soon I'll have enough to make a nice decoration. Thank you for the inspiration:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love adding statues and decorations to my garden. I think it gives it character and helps personalize a yard. However, I do think that too much of it can make the yard look like it is full or junk. I try to limit the amount of statues and accessories I add to my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
In the olden days, I remember the fountain in the garden of our rich relative in the province. They have a big front yard which contains flowering plants and some fruit trees. The statue in the fountain is a little boy that is naked which is holding a sort of water bin. We used to play in the water of that fountain and my grandparents would scold us children because the water is dirty, they said.

Ask a Question