Garden Movies - What's Your Favorite?

Reaction score
I've always loved the Secret Garden, both the book and the movie. I know that it's a story for children, but I can't help it, I keep dreaming about finding a secret garden surrounded with high, stone walls, with wild roses growing inside. It would be more than wonderful!

I also love this movie. I saw the english version and I also saw one in chinese. I can't recall how old I was when I saw it. But the chinese version, I saw it few years back.

Reaction score
I haven't seen the odd life of timothy green, but I heard it was a good movie. I heard it's a movie about a couple who plant a lust of what they want in a child in the ground and they find a lityle boy the next day. It sounds like a good movie. I will have to check this out.

Reaction score
Little shop of horrors, the original, still gives me the willies. That face in the plant..ahhhh. Saw it once, closed my eyes at that point and couldn't watch the rest. The Timothy Green movie looked wonderful, then I read an article with a spoiler and I decided not to see it.

I woder if there are others than the group has mentioned. I think it is a series but there is a british show about two women who garden and solve crimes...is it Rosemary and Thyme?

Reaction score
I love a Secret Garden as many posters have mentioned. Another movie with a lot of Garden scenes is Under the Tuscan Sun. They have a lot of great Orchard and garden scenery. Excellent movie that brings out the beauty of nature and old homes.

Reaction score
Day of the Triffids!

No?

Well then, that episode of Tales of the Unexpected; The Sound Machine.

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about that movie. I thought it showed a lot of beautiful scenery. I have always wanted to visit Italy, but after watching that movie, I have wanted to go even more. I think the Italian countryside is so beautiful as well as tgeir vineyards.

Reaction score
Just last night I was talking to a friend about The Shining, and remembering that in the book the hedge maze is a topiary, and a big part of the story.

Might have to watch the tv version (I have not heard good things) to see if it qualifies for this thread ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lately, I've been thinking about buying The Shining because I really enjoyed reading Misery.
Who knows, maybe I would like the movie too. I love hedge mazes, they're so mysterious. I've always dreamt about having one in my garden, it would be so much fun:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Talking about topiary, we can add "Edward Scissorhands" to the list.

When the movie first came out I was afraid to see it because the pictures of Johnny Depp looked really creepy, but it's actually one of my favourite Johnny Depp movies.

Reaction score
Talking about topiary, we can add "Edward Scissorhands" to the list.

When the movie first came out I was afraid to see it because the pictures of Johnny Depp looked really creepy, but it's actually one of my favourite Johnny Depp movies.

Oh, I completely forgot about that bit! I do love that movie, but it's been ages since I last saw it. Might have to do a Depp marathon this weekend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I forgot about Edward Scissorhands too. I absolutely love the movie, it's like a fairy tale. I think that it's the perfect time to watch it again:D
I must add that I wouldn't want him to shape my shrubs though, they look too eccentric:p:

13_Scissors-BD.jpg

esc_056JohnnyDepp.jpg

Reaction score
I forgot about Edward Scissorhands too. I absolutely love the movie, it's like a fairy tale. I think that it's the perfect time to watch it again:D
I must add that I wouldn't want him to shape my shrubs though, they look too eccentric:p:

Ah, see I love how eccentric they are. I've recently become absolutely obsessed with over the top topiaries and would adore one for myself.

Maybe something by this guy;

http://www.topiaryartdesigns.com

Reaction score
I liked that movie as well. I liked how he cut all the shrubs into animal shapes. I wish I could do that but alas I'm not that talented.:p

Reaction score
I liked the movie Steel Mongolias. It's not a gardening movie but there is one part where they talk about magnolias being string plants and survivors I think. I haven't seen this in a while I wull have to watch it again.

Ask a Question