Garden makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in Clanfield and completed the hard landscaping of our garden last summer and I am looking to introduce some trees and plants. The garden is medium-sized north-west facing of around 70ft long and 35 wide.

I am looking to have:
  • Two herb beds of around 10ft by 3 ft wide, they currently have two mature olive trees within.
  • One 10ft by 3 ft wide bed that is mostly shaded as at the base of a fence that is south facing.
  • I am also looking to introduce some trees three-quarter of the way down the garden to create privacy from the houses to the rear but would like to keep these under 6 meters, otherwise, this could block the sun in the evenings.
Any help and advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Kieran :)

That is a bit of a tall order, and nobody will really know where or how to start advising. Maybe to start off with you could upload a few pictures of your garden so we can have a look at it - then we can all pitch in with a few ideas maybe.
One thing`s for sure, this is just the right time to get cracking with some planting with the better weather hopefully on it`s way. I`m not sure where Clanfield is, so will look it up now. It is great that you already have the hard work sorted.
I think the first thing to install is a nice seat. It`s so important to have somewhere to sit and think ;)

Ask a Question