Do You Often Find It difficult to attach Garden Hoses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be handy to have a --never fail -- garden hose screw fitting that could be attached to a threaded hydrant / spigot with 1 revolution and never need a second or third attempt because of mis-alignment and or cross threading? It's possible to manufacture those but I'd need a big fat loan from Shark Tank.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I use hoselock push on connections. I've two Hoselock reels, one on the side of the house, I use for the front garden, and washing the car. One on the side of the shed for the back garden. Each are attached to a three way connector to a tap which can be used to feed one or both outlets.

s-l1600.jpg

So I've one if I want to fill a bucket or a watering can. I have a short lerngth of hose on ,so I can better direct the water when filling anything. I never have to disconnect any hose. The push-on connectors have a rubber O ring that can eventually fail with continually disconnecting them. As I leave them alone, they're fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
i use Quick Connect fittings. Available at most hardware stores or online. I have one on each hose and the connector on all the nozzles and watering wands and sprinklers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't it be handy to have a --never fail -- garden hose screw fitting that could be attached to a threaded hydrant / spigot with 1 revolution and never need a second or third attempt because of mis-alignment and or cross threading? It's possible to manufacture those but I'd need a big fat loan from Shark Tank.:)
Doesn`t matter what sort I have, it`s not a ''never fail '' in fact any kind of plumbing needs for me to keep well away :shame:
I have to leave all that kind of stuff to Zigs :notworthy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Doesn`t matter what sort I have, it`s not a ''never fail '' in fact any kind of plumbing needs for me to keep well away :shame:
I have to leave all that kind of stuff to Zigs :notworthy:
Surely you don't need Zigs to screw a lids / caps on a containers in the kitchen. :)

Try this: If you have plastic containers, in the UK with screw on lids/caps such as a milk carton, as we do in the USA, set the cap on the carton intentionally 'Cock-Eyed" and with light downward pressure rotate the cap CCW and you will feel and hear a " CLICK" usually within less than 1/3rd revolution. Follow this with a CW rotation and if yours is manufactured with the same specifications as we have on many plastic cartons in the USA, the cap will be tightened with 1/3rd of a revolution and " never " be cross threaded.

How in the world does that happen? Well, that technology has been around probably for more than a hundred years, long before computers were here. LOL

Ask a Question