Garden grass grows in clumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my grass has just started growing in circular clumps, I had new terf layed about 2 years ago and it’s grew perfect but now suddenly started growing like this. How the grass grows in clumps in how it used to grow all over. But now the rest of the grass doesn’t seem to grow much and these clumps grow like perfect grass. I’ve attached a picture, does anyone no the reason for this, and how to sort it? Thanks

Attachments

• 2DD60689-D132-4EFB-BA84-D4CA1BC6FC9F.jpeg
    2DD60689-D132-4EFB-BA84-D4CA1BC6FC9F.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 538
  • D31DD2C5-3755-462A-AC5B-B1E6BFF16B14.jpeg
    D31DD2C5-3755-462A-AC5B-B1E6BFF16B14.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It’s only just started growing like this, it used to grow like the clumps but al over perfect green grass, this has only start d happening the last few months. I just don’t understand it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a dog.....their ' watering' can cause either yellow patches or act as fertiliser and produce clumps of very green and healthy looking grass. My Dad has had both over the years....his curry dog is fertiliser!!!:D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the forum by the way :)(y)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a dog.....their ' watering' can cause either yellow patches or act as fertiliser and produce clumps of very green and healthy looking grass. My Dad has had both over the years....his curry dog is fertiliser!!!:D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the forum by the way :)(y)

Thanks for your reply, I’ve read this about dogs before but didn’t think it was true. yes recently had a dog it’s a bitch and her union doesn’t kill the grass so it’s possably being a good fertiliser. Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ha! ....bet thats the cause then. My Dads current bitch is his best ever fertiliser to date.....he's had some that have burnt his grass before. Even his gardeners are in impressed.....we've told him that he should bottle it!!!:D:ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question