Garden Animals Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Cats prowl the yard. This is an old picture from 2009 I think. There were 2-3 kittens and when they grew up they disappeared.

P1250640.JPG

Squirrels are common here. Here it is interested in termites. I had kept an old wood piece and termites had attacked it.

P1360490.JPG

Calotes live in the several spots that suits their life here in the yard and to some extent they may be controlling some insect population. This fellow is a fine adult on the Almond tree.

P1360618 (Custom).JPG

Skinks also live in the yard. Snakes with legs!

Skink.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
I have spoken here about a monkey that visits us and it does make me feel uneasy. I do have my own way of chasing it away.

Our monkeys were afraid at the sight of the 'Y' shaped rubber slingshot. If I just made the action with it to sling a stone with it they would run to safety. I have chased them effectively with this. I have never liked to hit/hurt them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I'm kind of in the midst of suburbia right now - so I haven't seen any weird or wonderful creatures in my yard. If we're talking about Japan in general though, in the mountains I've seen monkeys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question