Fungus? Mushrooms? Help??? ¡Chilli seeds!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 trays of chilli seedlings, in both trays I seem to have begun to grow lots of very small mushrooms however on closer inspection on the seeds that diddnt take I have found hundreds if not thousands on two of the seeds of these yellow spores and in the soil surrounding them, they look like very very small mushrooms talking less than a millimetre big each with a yellowish colour, I removed the top layer of soil to check weather they were still growing and if I needed to remove the rest of the seedlings yet ect and there they were, they have affected so far (to my knowledge) two different seeds in different parts of one of my trays however the mushrooms are growing all over both of my trays, do I need to be concerned for the health of my seedlings that have sprouted already, what should I do?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Actually pics don't seem to be working at the moment so how do you water the seedings? And what soil are you using?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The brown is the seed, I’m sure you can see the fungus/ mushroom 🍄 type of growths

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't know why but it's not letting me click on the pics to enlarge them. I think the forum must be doing an update or something because it's the same with other threads. I was curious what kind of fungi it is. Did you buy the seeds in a pack or are ones you kept from last year?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is just my opinion but I never start seedlings in rich soil and that looks really rich. So that could be part of the problem. But again it's hard to tell because it doesn't let me open the pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is just my opinion but I never start seedlings in rich soil and that looks really rich. So that could be part of the problem. But again it's hard to tell because it doesn't let me open the pics.
I can open them on my computer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why but it's not letting me click on the pics to enlarge them. I think the forum must be doing an update or something because it's the same with other threads. I was curious what kind of fungi it is. Did you buy the seeds in a pack or are ones you kept from last year?
I’m not sure what it is, if it a fungus parasite mold mushroom ect from my experience with mold it does not look like anything I have seen before so I assume it must be a fungus of some kind, the seeds are from previous years and they are an assortment of different types, including bhut jolokla, red habanero, paper lantern and aji red if that helps?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't know what kind of fungi it is but most soil fungi are beneficial, eating only dead or dying organic matter. It appears that whatever it is, isn't harming your sprouted seedlings as the cotyledons appear healthy. What I would do though is get some horticultural cornmeal and make a tea to spray the soil and the seedlings.

Ask a Question