Strange Fungus/ Toadstools/Mushrooms suddenly popped up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10a
Country
Spain
Hi there, these Fungi suddenly appeared on several parts of my lawn.
Anyone have any ideas what they are, am worried my dog may eat them.

Attachments

• 034170DC-3FF2-45F7-9662-1929CCC19F1E.jpeg
    034170DC-3FF2-45F7-9662-1929CCC19F1E.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Country
United States
First more photos, please pick a mushroom and photograph it from the side, make sure to get the base of the stipe (stem). Also another shot from underneath to see the gill/pore structure. Shots should be sharp and tight.

Also, take a spore print. Pick a mushroom and sever the cap from the stipe (stem). Now lay the mushroom gill/pore side down on a piece of white paper (other colored paper can also work). Leave the cap overnight. Tomorrow there should be a spore print revealing the spore color, which is very important for identification.

I've fielded numerous threads from owners very concerned about their dogs eating every plant or mushroom. How did wolves survive for eons? Perhaps dogs have had sense bred out of them, or are owners are being excessively vigilant? Is training required?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
First more photos, please pick a mushroom and photograph it from the side, make sure to get the base of the stipe (stem). Also another shot from underneath to see the gill/pore structure. Shots should be sharp and tight.

Also, take a spore print. Pick a mushroom and sever the cap from the stipe (stem). Now lay the mushroom gill/pore side down on a piece of white paper (other colored paper can also work). Leave the cap overnight. Tomorrow there should be a spore print revealing the spore color, which is very important for identification.

I've fielded numerous threads from owners very concerned about their dogs eating every plant or mushroom. How did wolves survive for eons? Perhaps dogs have had sense bred out of them, or are owners are being excessively vigilant? Is training required?
Cool details on the spore print bro.

Ask a Question