Orange fungus?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I noticed this orange stuff on a few leaves about a week ago. I didn't think much of it and just picked them off. But today I noticed it is all over these trees that get little red berries, I don't even know what they are called I just keep them because the birds like them. I walked around checking all my other trees and it doesn't seem to be on anything else. But then I noticed one branch on one of the chestnut trees has it.

I am a bit worried it might get out of control and kill my trees. Does anyone know what it is?

PXL_20230609_160722191.MP.jpg

PXL_20230609_162846206.MP.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think I found it. Orange rust fungus. Apparently it stays with the plant for life but can be controlled with a spray. I am wondering where the heck it came from, I never had it before that I know of. Grosses me out looking at it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is it an Alder Buckthorn?
I looked up some pics and I think that is what it is. I don't think the berries last long enough to get fully ripe. The bids eat them all as soon as they turn from green to red. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Picked up a 20v DeWalt sawzall today. I have one with a cord but this will far less annoying. All those trees and brush is getting cut out.

Ask a Question