Please help my orange tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_0178.jpeg

My orange tree was hit quite hard by a long cold winter with little water any suggestions to help it recover.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your tree may well recover if you give it a little attention. Cut out any dead bits and check to see if there's any mould or insect activity. Give it some water and feed it, and maybe add some top dressing to the compost in the pot. Clean up the dead and fallen leaves. With a little care and love it should recover.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I can't tell for sure but it appears to have root problems as evidenced by the yellowing leaves, leaf droop and twig dieback. I also see some of the limb tips are white but need a better picture to establish what this might be. How often and how much do you water? What size is the container and how well does it drain? What have you fertilized it with and when?

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was last fertilized five months ago, the pot drains well, I do not know the size, it drains well, and I have added compost top soil and have added more pictures for better identification thank you
IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think @Chuck will have a lot more ideas than me, so it would be better to wait for his comments in my opinion. In the meantime, I'll just add - welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It was last fertilized five months ago, the pot drains well, I do not know the size, it drains well, and I have added compost top soil and have added more pictures for better identification thank you
View attachment 95288
View attachment 95289
This is a puzzler. Does that white on the limb tips smear or wipe off? If so, this is a fungus called Citrus Powdery Mildew. This disease causes all of the symptoms your tree has. Treat with baking soda/soap spray or Neem Oil spray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found this in an online search

Abstract​

Colletotrichum gloeosporioides causing anthracnose disease of citrus is reported for the first time in Tunisia. Since early 2009, wither-tip symptoms of twigs, resembling disease caused by anthracnose were observed on cultivated citrus trees in Tunisia. Cultural and morphological features of the identified causal agent were consistent and resembled those described for C. gloeosporioides. These results were confirmed by sequencing of the internal spacer rDNA (ITS), glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), glutamine synthetase (GS) and the ApMat locus regions and by multilocus phylogenetic analyses. Pathogenicity tests revealed that C. gloeosporioides isolated from withered twigs caused typical anthracnose symptoms on citrus fruits and leaves.

1680992779741.png

Ask a Question