Syzygium resilience recently planted - maybe probably dying .. please help :)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to gardening and need a bit of advice. We planted this syzygium resilience a few weeks ago, gave him a drink of seaweed solution after planting, have been watering every couple days and he's not looking very happy at all and the leaves have started falling off ..is there anything I can do to save him?
Thank you.
PXL_20230116_004421323.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What has your weather been like since you planted it?
Do you have an irrigation system or is it hand watered?

It looks like it got dry once or maybe twice, the leaves burned and now it’s growing out of that. It may take a while for new leaves to cover the burnt ones.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank you very much for your reply!
We've seen a few very hot days since Its been planted and some windy days also. I just hand water it ..am I perhaps not watering enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No idea how good your soil is, but be aware that seaweed is great for trace elements, which can be very necessary, but doesn't contain the main nutrients, nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. If you look on a fertiliser packet it will list them as N P K.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You planted your Syzygium too deep in the ground. They are in the myrtle family and need their root flairs slightly above the ground for transpiration. When planted too deep in heavy clay or top soils the plant will drop its leaves. Pull back the soil away from the stalk of the plant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You planted your Syzygium too deep in the ground. They are in the myrtle family and need their root flairs slightly above the ground for transpiration. When planted too deep in heavy clay or top soils the plant will drop its leaves. Pull back the soil away from the stalk of the plant.
And use the soil to build your levee :)

Ask a Question