Fruit tree you wish you could grow

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's Heat that helps with Banananana * fruits :)

*(Knows how to start spelling Banana, doesn't know how to stop)

Reaction score
I think my choice would be cherry. They bloom so lovely and have such yummy fruit. I did find it funny though how everyone is wishing they were in a different climate so that they could have different trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wahmbrenda, lol, I noticed it too! Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it?:p I don't dream of apple trees or pear trees, because I see them everywhere here and I know that I could easily start growing them, too:) I dream of lemon trees!:)

Reaction score
Claudine, I'm glad I'm not the only 1 who noticed that. I guess you even noticed that within yourself as well LOL Around here there's really no fruit trees at all so to have any would just be great.

Reaction score
I wish I could grow oranges and lemons like they do in warm states such as Florida. Of course, I live in Upstate New York where it gets pretty cold. We had several days this past month in which the temperatures dipped way below zero. So I guess I will keep dreaming about growing my own oranges and lemons.

Reaction score
I wish I could grow oranges and lemons like they do in warm states such as Florida. Of course, I live in Upstate New York where it gets pretty cold. We had several days this past month in which the temperatures dipped way below zero. So I guess I will keep dreaming about growing my own oranges and lemons.

Your dream of growing citrus trees may well be nearer than you thought - especially as I grow every type of citrus tree and have not yet - had any problems growing them in exceptionally low temperatures and although our summers may well be hotter than yours - all my trees - do manage to survive our winter temperatures - which quite regularly drop to well below -12 C for long periods of time.
So I wouldn't entirely give up on your dream of growing citrus trees - especially as there are now many varieties available to suit many different climates and even those of New York.

Reaction score
I live in the Philippines and it has been my dream (yes, really a dream!) to see an apple tree. We actually have a lot of fruit trees here like coconuts, mangoes, pomelos, and guavas, but it would really be great for me to see an apple tree. How about you? Is there a particular fruit you wish you could grow in your place?

I want a mango tree, but I haven't had any success with trees. I have a lemon tree, but it didn't grow and after 2 years, doesn't even fruit anymore. I think gophers got to it and stunted it.

Reaction score
I would grow a cherry tree, mainly for the stunning flowers that appear each spring. I would love to have an orange tree but that is highly unlikely to happen considering I live in the northeast US which is not a good place to try and grow citrus. My neighbors have peach trees and I wouldn't mind having one in the yard but a lack of space hinders me on that idea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Firelily99, cherry trees are so gorgeous, I love them too. We have one cherry tree in our garden, but it's rather small and it never produces many flowers. What is even worse, its fruits aren't tasty at all.
I would love to have a cherry tree as big as this one:

cherry_blossom_tree.jpg

Reaction score
I would grow a cherry tree, mainly for the stunning flowers that appear each spring. I would love to have an orange tree but that is highly unlikely to happen considering I live in the northeast US which is not a good place to try and grow citrus. My neighbors have peach trees and I wouldn't mind having one in the yard but a lack of space hinders me on that idea.

I wouldn't give up on growing an orange tree just yet - because if peach trees grow in your area - then citrus trees should too - particularly orange trees - as they are the hardiest of all the citrus varieties and even though you only have a small area in which to garden - it is also possible to buy dwarf varieties of nearly every type of fruit tree and grow them in a container :)

Reaction score
I've always wanted some citrus trees on my sun porch, but our mid-west winters would probably zap them. As far as outdoor trees go, a pear tree would be lovely, because to me pears have to be fresh and ripe to taste perfect! I'm sure there are too many little animals in the neighborhood who would also love some pears, leaving none for me :(

Reaction score
Claudine, that tree is absolutely beautiful. I love cherry trees but living in an apartment doesn't allow me to plant them so I enjoy viewing them whenever I can instead. Thanks for sharing that pic though :)

Reaction score
I live in the Philippines and it has been my dream (yes, really a dream!) to see an apple tree. We actually have a lot of fruit trees here like coconuts, mangoes, pomelos, and guavas, but it would really be great for me to see an apple tree. How about you? Is there a particular fruit you wish you could grow in your place?
Living in the South (where the winters can be brutal), I have been longing to see/own a lemon tree (or five). I have some seedlings that I've been working on since the fall, so I hope they live.

Funny how location is really important. I live in a part of America where I see apple trees on a daily basis--yet you seem to have a greater appreciation for them than I do. Interesting. :)

Reaction score
I would love to be able to grow mangos. They are so delicious and I would love to be able to pick them fresh out of my own yard.

Reaction score
For me it would be a Banana tree or any type of citrus tree. We don't grow them in Canada so it would be neat to have one.

Ask a Question