Fruit tree you wish you could grow

Reaction score
We go through limes and avocados here like crazy. I wish we had the climate for it.

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to grow a coconut tree. I don't necessarily like coconuts, but the trees are beautiful looking, and heck, who doesn't want to see a coconut tree blooming in the middle of Tennessee?! It'd be my showcase piece smack dab in the middle of my yard.

Reaction score
I eat oranges a lot and I even use oranges for my daily salad and so I wish I could just grow an orange tree in my backyard so that I don't need to keep on buying. Oranges can be rather expensive.

We tried to plant one in our garden but it didn't really grow. It died so easily. I think there is a special way to actual grow an orange tree and it seems there are also specific fertilizers that you need to use at the beginning. We didn't use any of those and so it failed.

Reaction score
One fruit tree I wash I can grow is an Apple Tree. I am living in the US Virgin Islands and our climate is too hot for them to grow here. I'm in a tropical area and tried many of times with dried Apple seeds and failed. :( I've heard rumors that a guy actually succeeded in growing an Apple tree, good for him. :cautious: If I can only succeed in growing my on Apple tree, that will be nice... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I live in the Philippines and it has been my dream (yes, really a dream!) to see an apple tree. We actually have a lot of fruit trees here like coconuts, mangoes, pomelos, and guavas, but it would really be great for me to see an apple tree. How about you? Is there a particular fruit you wish you could grow in your place?
Recently, I have read an article about Apple trees can be grown commercially in Nicaragua, Honduras, the Philippines, Egypt and Indonesia. It stated in Uganda, they did a study in the Kabale region in 2005, and you can find information about it on Google. They said the main reason is the indigenous farmers had to face cheap imports from the country of China and it cause the crowding out of their local market. This is what made it impractical to grow Apple trees there even if the climate allows it.

Reaction score
I've always wanted a fig tree and a pomegranate tree, and I have those now. My fig trees had to stay in pots. I planted the pomegranate tree in the ground and I'm wondering how long until it bears fruit. I bought it at Lowe's (home improvement store). I have to say it has been low maintenance as far as water...and it grew alot this summer. It's maybe 3 or 4 feet high but it doesn't really look like a tree yet.

Reaction score
I wish I could grow a blueberry tree and a grape tree. It will be so nice to just go outside and pick the fruit off the tree, wash them, and eat some.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I am currently trying to grow any kind of fruit tree that I can. I let the seeds germinate and so far I have planted apple, cherry, lemon, avocado, pear, date/palm, orange, and pomegranate. I am sure that all of them will not make it to be even small fruit trees but it is worth a try. It will hopefully teach my children some things about gardening and inspire them to do so when they are adults. I just love the have green around me and even if I do not have any fruit yield, I hear that citrus plants fill the home with such a fresh scent.

Reaction score
I wish I could have a fruit tree of any kind, but my yard is simply too small for that. I life in a small apartment with a tiny backyard, so trees are quite out of the question. If I could have any one tree I would like an avocado tree, but I don't know if they would be happy in my climate anyway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I also live in the Philippines, and I share your wish. I just wish that it's possible to grow apple trees here. Apples are so expensive here! I also wish that I can grow a lemon tree. If you will just see how expensive lemons are here, you'll be surprised.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I live in the Philippines and it has been my dream (yes, really a dream!) to see an apple tree. We actually have a lot of fruit trees here like coconuts, mangoes, pomelos, and guavas, but it would really be great for me to see an apple tree. How about you? Is there a particular fruit you wish you could grow in your place?
We have avo, pawpaw and banana trees here. The bats can be a problem as well as the monkeys because they love taking the fruit. There is one fruit tree that I wish I could grow and that is a strawberry plant. They are so expensive but it would be great to be able to pick them from the garden.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want an orange tree! I live in Florida, but my original orange tree (which had been planted before my family moved into the house) was infested and dying. It bore fruit, but they were brown and squishy, unfortunately.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would die to have my very own cherry tree. Cherries are my absolute favorite fruit and even though I pig out on them in the summer I can not justify paying the winter price of them here in Canada. I could eat cherries for every meal if given the opportunity. Another fruit tree I would love to have here in Canada is coconut tree! I LOVE palm trees but unfortunately you won't find them here in Canada. They are beautiful unique looking trees and I love that the sight of them is paradise - not to mention coconut water is delicious :)

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Oh Orange or Cherry tree would be great! I used to have an orange tree but the one that grew the mini ones on it, not sure what it is called now but they were delicious and absolutely easy to grow. We also had fig and peach trees in the garden where we cooked them and made jam, so long ago but it was so tasty and they just dont make it the same anymore.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, I would love to have a fig tree! Some time ago, I ate fresh fig fruits and they were absolutely delicious:D I wouldn’t mind eating them every day.

Ask a Question