Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Dim, how ya doing:)

dim

Reaction score
Aye up Dim, long time no see. How are you?

hi clueless .... hope that you are well? I am still learning about gardening ... and lots of new work pending good weather ... (looks like it may warm up next week .... hopefully) .... I have some nice jobs lined up, including one that involves growing organic veg for a couple who are health nuts/triathletes (6 large raised beds which will include a roof of bird netting and automatic irrigation system ....all seeds/veg have be non GMO and heirloom seeds, so I'm looking forward to this one, and have already bought the vermicompost plus bat guano and other liquid nutrients for foliar feeding ....

and a few other jobs in new gardens in a new build area (approx 100 sq meter gardens planted in hardy tropical style) ... it might be a good year (if the weather if favourable) ...

it's been a looong winter but luckily, I also have another sideline business which kept things ticking :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Dim, thanks to your post I had to go to the kitchen and make myself something to eat:p
I'd love to grow a lemon tree. Here, where I live, it's too cold for them. Lemon trees are so pretty - and it would be wonderful to have my own, fresh lemons, nothing is as refreshing as water with a few drops of lemon juice:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I lived in California I was lucky enough to have a plum tree, an orange tree and a peach tree, which I enjoyed. It was great being able to go out to the yard and get fruit when I wanted it. I live on the east coast now with no fruit trees. I may plant a lemon tree this spring, I love the smell of lemons.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Dim, thanks to your post I had to go to the kitchen and make myself something to eat:p
I'd love to grow a lemon tree. Here, where I live, it's too cold for them. Lemon trees are so pretty - and it would be wonderful to have my own, fresh lemons, nothing is as refreshing as water with a few drops of lemon juice:D

Funnily enough, I accidentally left a Lemon out all winter and despite the horrendous weather (think we got as low as -15c) it still seems to be alive. It don't look very happy though.

You could have a Lemon in a pot Claudine, just move it in somewhere cool but frost free in the winter. I bought Sis one for Christmas, about a foot high already with 2 or 3 Lemons on it.

Don't bother growing one from a pip though, could take 20 years to fruit and even then might not. Buy a grafted one from a nursery, think the one I got was about £13.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I got a fig tree and will see what happens .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Funnily enough, I accidentally left a Lemon out all winter and despite the horrendous weather (think we got as low as -15c) it still seems to be alive. It don't look very happy though.

You could have a Lemon in a pot Claudine, just move it in somewhere cool but frost free in the winter. I bought Sis one for Christmas, about a foot high already with 2 or 3 Lemons on it.

Don't bother growing one from a pip though, could take 20 years to fruit and even then might not. Buy a grafted one from a nursery, think the one I got was about £13.

I already have one in a pot and I grow it from a pip:p . But 20 years? Oh no, I didn't want to know it, I hoped that it'll produce fruits soon:(
I'd love to have a few lemon trees growing in my garden:)
I hope that your lemon tree will be okay!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I already have one in a pot and I grow it from a pip:p . But 20 years? Oh no, I didn't want to know it, I hoped that it'll produce fruits soon:(
I'd love to have a few lemon trees growing in my garden:)
I hope that your lemon tree will be okay!

If you happen to go near a Lemon tree thats already fruiting, and a twig accidentally falls into your handbag, you could graft that onto your rootstock:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Might have been pecked off by a roosting Chicken?:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Fruitbat then, make more sense as it'd be after the Lemons:)

Reaction score
I'd love to have a cherry tree.. not just for the fruits but for the beautiful blooms.. I also love avocado I wish I had the space to grow one.. The house I rented a few years ago had a lovely tree from which I got hundreds of fruits in season.. I am actually addicted to avocados.

Me too. I'm obsessed with everything Japanese so I would love a flowering cherry tree. But since I'm an apartment renter, I'll have to settle for looking at cherry blossoms on anime shows.

Ask a Question