Easiest Herbs to grow in the Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Basil, I grow it every year.

Two cautions with your list...mint will take over and grow aggressively. Even if in a pot set on soil, the roots will take off. And cilantro is easy to grow but hard to keep it from bolting. I love cilantro but easier to buy it at the store.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lemon verbena is easy to grow too. I bought one as few months ago and it's quite big now:) Also, it smells truly wonderful. I just love this herb.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I find chives and cilantro very easy to grow and basil as well. I don't grow mint but I have heard they grow quite aggressively so if you do plants it don't plant too much. I have never planted lemon verbena and I do imagine it smells lovely. I'll add it to my list for next year as I'd like to plant some different things to see how they do. As we moved to a new house it's my first year planting a garden there and so far it's doing quite well. The carrots, tomatoes and onion are coming along and the peas just broke ground. I also have peas growing in a railing pot on my patio, I'm anxious to see how those will do.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I find basil very easy to grow! I always have basil in my herb garden!
I keep my mint in large pots on the side of my garden so that it does not take over everything!!

Ask a Question