Easiest fruit to grow.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
What would you consider the easiest fruit to grow? I would say that strawberries are the easiest since after planting all you really have to do is water them. When it comes to fruit barring trees you still have to prune them so they still give a little more work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Although we don't have strawberries here due to our hot climate, I have been to the strawberry farm in the northern province. According to the attendant of the strawberry-picking area, the strawberry is delicate because it wants a certain temperature - not hot but not too cold. And when there is excessive rain, the fruits are ruined.

I would say that banana is the easiest to grow if it is considered a fruit. We have a banana plant in the backyard that grows by itself and give us fruits. We do not water it regularly although we give it some water during the drought early this year. We call the banana a self-supporting plant.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I think mango is the easiest fruit to grow. You buy some mangoes, eat it and then plant the seed. Lo and behold! Just in a month you will see tiny shoot. If you take care of your mango plant, it can bear fruits just in 5 years.
Apart from mango, another easiest fruit to grow is lime and lemon. You can grow them from seeds easily. However, if you want your plants to bear fruits soon, you will have to plant the granted stem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Strawberries and blackberries are the easiest to grow where I live. Both grow wild around here and are in abundance of supply. Blackberry bushes are actually considered a weed here and make a great security barrier for businesses who want to keep people from climbing over fences and such. Interesting concept.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Basil and herbs! The whole plant is edible. You can just stick it in full sun with water, and you'll have yourself with more basil than you'll need.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
The easiest fruit to grow is the avocado. It easily grows from the seeds or as a seedling and it has few enemies. It is also a fast grower and not easily affected by dry conditions. In fact, many avocados grow wild in our home and they don't give up their life easily even if they are injured. Funny that I am not sure whether its a fruit or a nut.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Strawberries, black berries and blue berries are the easiest to grow where I live. The only issue is that the deer also like the eat the blue berries so you have to put a steady net around them! I wish I lived in a warmer climate where I could grow more tropical fruits.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say a tomato is the easist fruit to grow. They grow in and sprout tomatoes very quickly, within a couple months or so. We leave ours outside and water them daily. They are very low maintenance.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Strawberries and blackberries are the easiest to grow where I live. Both grow wild around here and are in abundance of supply. Blackberry bushes are actually considered a weed here and make a great security barrier for businesses who want to keep people from climbing over fences and such. Interesting concept.
Where I come from we have wild strawberries that are very small and not very sweet but have a very intense strawberry flavor. Blackberries also grow wild but they become great big thorn bushes if not kept in check.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although I would eat avocado in a savoury dish, I think it is technically classed as a fruit. I have started many avocado plants and ended up giving them away. They grow very easily even in England. I haven't planted any for such a long time and seeing your post has made me wonder how my avocado trees are doing. It must have been a good decade so they could be quite big by now. Although they are easy to grow, they are of course not the quickest. I think the quickest fruit to grow would be the tomato.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that wild strawberries are the easiest fruit to grow. All they need is water. My plants don't go dormant in winter, because I keep them indoors, so I always have fresh and delicious strawberries to eat:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had the easiest time with blackberries, raspberries, and peaches. Personally, I think most fruit trees are easy to take care of once you've established them in the right spot and know what they need to be happy. I think you always have a hard time when you can't figure out what your fruit tree needs. I had a pear tree next to my peach tree and it would grow pears. But they would never ripen and weren't edible. But I heard the family that took the house after us, had the reverse problem. the peach tree never bore peaches but the bears were huge and sweet.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I've had the easiest time with blackberries, raspberries, and peaches. Personally, I think most fruit trees are easy to take care of once you've established them in the right spot and know what they need to be happy. I think you always have a hard time when you can't figure out what your fruit tree needs. I had a pear tree next to my peach tree and it would grow pears. But they would never ripen and weren't edible. But I heard the family that took the house after us, had the reverse problem. the peach tree never bore peaches but the bears were huge and sweet.
If you have the space a peach tree is great. It will start barring fruit the very next year that it's planted and doesn't really need that much special care.

Ask a Question