What's the easiest way to pull up a dead tree?

Reaction score
I have a dead tree in my yard. It's some type of pine tree, not too large. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding the easiest way to uproot it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Dig in the earth a little around it until you see the roots. Wrap a chain around its trunk and hook to a vehicle. The vehicle should be able to take it out with little problem. If there are problems, you may have to cut the roots a little.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a dead tree in my yard. It's some type of pine tree, not too large. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding the easiest way to uproot it?
Whenever I want to remove a dead tree or a stump I do 2 things. First I cut the tree down to ground level. The second is to drill several 1/2"-1" holes in the stump with a spade bit and fill the holes with salt peter. Wait for 3 or 4 months until the stump has turned into soft cellulose, pour a little diesel fuel on it and burn it out. Or you can get a backhoe and dig it out. You are not going to pull a good sized tree out of the ground with your pickup truck unless it has been there for years and is about half rotten anyway and if it is cut it down and burn the stump. When you burn a stump it doesn't really flame up like a fire, it mostly just smoulders. I am talking about trees not brush.

Last edited:

Ask a Question