Draining problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey new here...I'm building a planter box for indoors and I need somehow to let the water drain without going all over my floor...any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
A container within a container--I think the French term is "jardinier". A container without holes and slightly larger and deeper than the pots you have plants in; a layer of pebbles; pots placed on the pebbles and careful watering so the drain water doesn't cover the pebbles and the pots sit in water--and you have drainage and no puddles.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A container within a container--I think the French term is "jardinier". A container without holes and slightly larger and deeper than the pots you have plants in; a layer of pebbles; pots placed on the pebbles and careful watering so the drain water doesn't cover the pebbles and the pots sit in water--and you have drainage and no puddles.
Thanks really appreciated will definitely try that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put a layer of pebbles in the bottom of my indoor pot to keep the moisture in but it also has a bit of drainage so the roots won't be rotten. There are also pots that come with a tray underneath too that you could try.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I decided to just put a waterproof sealant on inside a double layer plastic sheet with holes drilled in bottom and I'll be putting pickle buckets under for the drained water

Attachments

• IMG_20160217_221154.jpg
    IMG_20160217_221154.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 274

Ask a Question