Aeonium problem. T

Reaction score
Country
United States
The other day I moved my aeonium arboretum "Zwartkop" down to water it. as I did I accidentally knocked the top bunch of leaves off. I noticed now that the top 2 inches of the stem is shriveling up and going soft. What should I do? I do not want to lose it. Thank you so much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The other day I moved my aeonium arboretum "Zwartkop" down to water it. as I did I accidentally knocked the top bunch of leaves off. I noticed now that the top 2 inches of the stem is shriveling up and going soft. What should I do? I do not want to lose it. Thank you so much.
Moved it down? Was it near the ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

It would be good to see photos of the plant and its growing conditions.
Does the Aeonium have a number of leaf rosettes, or was the one that broke off the only one?
In any case, if part of the stem is shriveling and getting soft (rot?), remove it by cutting into healthy tissue.
Furthermore, if the stem is healthy on the leaf rosette that broke off, by all means root it and make a second plant.

Ask a Question