Cherry shrub problem

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi!

New here, hope to find some advice. I'm not an avid gardener, but always love to have some nice green and flowers in my yard.

I'm located in Calgary, AB (zone 3-4). A couple weeks ago I built some garden beds, and planted it with several perennials that should all be hardy here.

Among those were 2 cherry shrubs, one Juliet and one Carmine Jewel. After I planted them, they're both looking pretty sad; leaves are yellowing and there's some brown spots. Mainly the Juliet is also dropping a lot of it's leaves. I guess we're close to fall here which may explain some of the yellowing and dropping leaves, but it seems just a bit early if I compare with established trees and shrubs in my area.

Are these plants sick and is there anything I can do, or is this a normal response to the shock of being replanted?

IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1683.JPG IMG_1684.JPG IMG_1685.JPG IMG_1686.JPG IMG_1687.JPG

Ask a Question