Hibiscus problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
At a yard I mow the lady has a Hibuscus that I don't think is doing well at all. When I mowed Wensday it was less than 3 feet tall but was a bright green.

She wasn't home so I sent a E mail telling her that it probably needed fertlizer.
She replied she saw a deer eat off most of it and only one small stem left. It had two stems after I mowed.

I know it was there when they moved into the house and bet it has never gotten fed any thing in the 20 some years they have lived there. I would be willing to bet that today it is so shady in that area it gets morning sun for maybe 4 hours.

Now if it were mine I would move it to a sunny location and fed it. At the least trim some of thos tree limbs back so it gets more sun
I should say her hubby doesn't care for that stuff and hates mowing why I get paid to do it.

:D Al

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is good that you informed her of the plant's plight. Now the proverbial ball is in her court. There are many neglectful gardens who must reap what they sow, ...or in truth, quite the contrary!

Ask a Question