Amy problems with these oranges?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
First harvest from our orange tree. May have been picked a bit premature, but my son insisted! There appears to be some strange marks in them, almost like a scar. Any ideas? Or is this just what homegrown oranges look like? This is our first year with oranges (tree is established though, it was here long before we were).

IMG_20181211_195916958.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with them. That blemish is probably from rubbing against a limb when very young.
Awesome, thanks. It's a small crop this year, about 2 dozen. But that's probably about all we can eat before they go bad. That said, is still like to see more if thats possible next year. They planted it close to an oak, so I think lack of sunlight is the problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Guess I should update... These oranges are fantastic! Very sweet and juicy, the early ones are a little more tart, about what you expect at the grocery store. The ripened ones are very sweet! Super excited!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The longer they stay on the tree, the sweeter and/or more flavorful they will be. You will learn to recognize the limits of this, when you see them start to shrivel, that's too long.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Nice looking oranges...I'll take them off your hands, LOL.

Ask a Question