Do you visit your garden everyday?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
I know there are some people who go into their garden every day to do a bit of gardening, however small. It is part of their daily routine. Gardening is like a hobby to them. How often do you go into your garden, every day, every other day, once a week, just when the feeling hits or only when you see the necessity to do so?

I believe that if a garden is well kept and the mowing is done and there are no weeds to pull up, nothing to trim back, etc., then there would be no need to be out there except one was planting something new or looking to rearrange some pots or something of the sort. Well, that's just the way I see it, but those who regard gardening as a hobby would always find something to do in their garden every day, no matter how slight. Then again, being outdoors in the garden is also therapeutic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't have a big garden, only have 7 containers sitting on my deck, but I love to spend time with them, and getting rid of weed or dead flowers. It is very therapeutic indeed, and relaxing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I am basically in my garden every day - if not every day I would say it's every second day, at least.

Like @IcyBC I find it relaxing - whenever I have stuff weighing on my mind, getting out into the garden and being amongst nature is soothing for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Part of my early morning routine is going to check on all my "babies" to see how they're doing, coffee cup in hand. :) When the veggies are coming in I also go out to forage for food!

Definitely relaxing, and there are ALWAYS weeds to pull. (Creeping charlie, I'm looking at you.) :devil:

In fact it's time to go out and do my early morning check in now. :)

Reaction score
I don't have a garden per se right now, but soon I might ;) I don't see myself going there daily once start working, but I will definitely be there every weekend evening ;) Gardening is so relaxing, but it's also very time consuming, you need some extra time and no rushes to truly enjoy it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am in my garden every day and sometimes at night too. I inspect every plant for something wrong such as caterpillars, insects etc. If I don't I may very well come back in 2 or 3 days and find that a hornworm has eaten an entire tomato plant or stink bugs have been having a feast and laying eggs everywhere. Or a squash plant wilting because of a vine borer. Why get lazy and let something ruin what you have worked hard for and went to considerable expense growing? I have a large garden so it does take considerable time but most folk's vegetable gardens are not large and an inspection only takes a few minutes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't have a garden, but when I was living with my parents, I used to go to their garden almost every day. It was wonderful. I love looking at plants and taking care of them:) It's very relaxing and I miss it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
First thing in the morning, every morning, i am in the garden. Taking a little tour, touching leaves and flowers of plants to let them know i am here, looking for bad bugs (that i squish) and good bugs (that i thank). It is such a peaceful place. I do the same most evenings. Sometimes i even do some gardening things like pruning, transplanting, sowing, weeding, watering, fertilizing, etc and sometimes i simply delight in it.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Not MY garden, but the apartment garden, which is directly in front of my doorstep, is filled with flower pots and some shrubs. The cats play on them all day, and I kinda have to go through it to get to the street, whenever I am going to buy food or whatever. So yes, technically I get to visit the garden daily, I get to appreciate the smell, the look, and the ambience in general of the garden, especially on a windy day. The cats also like to play in them, and it really does bring a lot of eye catching images when you look out to it through the window.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
About 3-4 times a day, when possible. I don't have much to do in it, I'm usually just looking to see what's blooming, what's going to bloom, what insects and animals are around, and of course to photograph it.

My newly added section needs frequent weeding, but the old section is becoming mature enough where very few weeds pop up, so thankfully it's maintenance-free.

cschiavoni

Caitlin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just started but I am out in it everyday, multiple times a day. It's on my balcony which is right off my kitchen so it's incredibly easy to access. I will sit outside and check all the leaves and soil religiously and sometimes just sit and look at all my little children. :) I'm fasting for Ramadan so have been skipping coffee but when that's over I do plan on adding coffee to the ritual of hanging out in my balcony garden. (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most definately. I check it in the morning and night to see if there is anything to be concerned with. I live in North Texas where the heat is horrible. Recently the heat index has been from 105 to 108 degrees. I go twice a day to see how my plants have withstood the heat. If they look droopy, I give them a drink of water. If they look peekid, then I consider if I should pot them and bring them into my sun room for a while.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I usually go to my garden frequently when I have a crop that requires careful monitoring is growing there. My garden is located in a hilly area near a stream and I can usually view it from a distance en route to a shopping centre on the other side of the river. I think going there everyday isn't practical because you are also likely to interfere with the soil by compacting it with your legs but every other day is ok.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I check our gardens early each morning on the way to the barn, again around noon when I see if the hens have given us eggs, and usually after dinner when I turn the hens in for the night. I like to pick, weed, and prop in the morning. The noon and evening checks are more to stand and admire than to actually do anything. Looking at growing flowers, herbs, and vegetables is very soul satisfying, and I wouldn't miss a day of it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I check our gardens early each morning on the way to the barn, again around noon when I see if the hens have given us eggs, and usually after dinner when I turn the hens in for the night. I like to pick, weed, and prop in the morning. The noon and evening checks are more to stand and admire than to actually do anything. Looking at growing flowers, herbs, and vegetables is very soul satisfying, and I wouldn't miss a day of it!

Yes indeed, me too (minus the chickens.) I spend anywhere from 5-20 minutes checking plants for new growth, bugs, weeding and whatever early in the morning. And generally just a check-in after work. This time of year I work 6-7 days a week but on my one day off I spend at least a couple of hours weeding and generally playing in the dirt. :)

Ask a Question