Do you have a favorite public garden to visit?

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
In my area there is a beautiful garden for the public (but there is an entrance fee) called Cranbrook. They encourage photography so I will attach a photo here. On the property is the oldest manor home in Southeastern Michigan. 100s of visitors help take care of the gardens that are not only filled with flowers but also have sculptures and fountains. You can make lunch and tea reservations and make an afternoon of it or plan an event. Are there any 'like' gardens in your area?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
The San Antonio Botanical garden is not exactly "in our area" since it is about four hours away, but each time we go to San Antonio, we visit the garden. Each ecological zone of Texas is represented along a meandering trail; there are two glass domes with tropicals; a cacti/succulent house; a wonderful cafe with outside seating as well as inside; and a garden for the blind which is very highly scented (a great idea!).

Attachments

• P9220014.JPG
    P9220014.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 375
  • P9220004.JPG
    P9220004.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 373

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
I like to visit the Morikami Japanese Gardens because my daughter and I are obsessed with everything Japanese. I love their bamboo forest and their koi pond, which is more of a koi lake with a waterfall and otters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
It wasn't really a garden. It was a place where all gardening equipment and plants were sold in my city. It was called the Manila Seedling Bank Foundation. Sadly, the location was demolished and the vendors were moved to make way for a private construction. :(

dsc08074.jpg

96.jpg

79_big.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I don't have a favorite, and I really don't frequent any public gardens on a regular basis to be honest. I had the opportunity recently to visit Longue Vue House and Gardens a few weeks ago and it's pretty impressive.

It's actually several gardens; this is at the opposite end of one of them on the side of the main house.
10341495_10204862662624051_1975134065349109919_n.jpg

This is that same garden from the front end beside the house
10409248_10204862661344019_2142258342814547655_n.jpg

This is from the pond garden.
1511177_10204862663704078_4933631228426915229_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
There was one park that I would visit quite frequently when I lived in Seattle. It was the Washington Park Arboretum. My favorite part of the park was the Japanese Gardens. One of the oldest and most authentic in the nation. I don't recall having it charge for admission in the past, but I guess it's been many years since I've last been there.

Fall:

58259.jpg

Spring/Summer:

jg_spring_02.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
These gardens everyone posted are FANTASTIC! I was moving and so didn't have time to check. I'm definitely putting some of these on my bucket list. But please keep posting, most of us aren't aware how much is out there. What a great way to spend a weekend alone or with someone.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
In my area there is a beautiful garden for the public (but there is an entrance fee) called Cranbrook. They encourage photography so I will attach a photo here. On the property is the oldest manor home in Southeastern Michigan. 100s of visitors help take care of the gardens that are not only filled with flowers but also have sculptures and fountains. You can make lunch and tea reservations and make an afternoon of it or plan an event. Are there any 'like' gardens in your area?

There is a beautiful area close to where my parents live. It it next to the road, at the entrance of somebody's home. They went to the extreme to decorate the entrance of their home and it looks spectacular. Persons upon getting married usually goes there to take pictures with the wedding party and capture its beauty. I am not sure if they had any form of agreement with the owners about doing this, but the owners seem to enjoy the fact that others find their space appealing.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow! They are absolutely breathtaking. I wish there's a garden that pretty around here where I can meditate or just enjoy long walks. May I have the permission to save the pictures? I will only use it for personal use (wanna show it to my mom, she will surely appreciate it). Just looking at the pictures already gave me instant relaxation, what more when you're strolling the garden for real.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
Wow! They are absolutely breathtaking. I wish there's a garden that pretty around here where I can meditate or just enjoy long walks. May I have the permission to save the pictures? I will only use it for personal use (wanna show it to my mom, she will surely appreciate it). Just looking at the pictures already gave me instant relaxation, what more when you're strolling the garden for real.

I believe anything that is posted here can be saved for personal use. But it is nice that you would like to have the permission. Maybe I am wrong, but if they do not reply then I do not think it would be a problem. I have saved some of the photos myself on my home computer because they are so beautiful.

Ask a Question