Crocus.co.uk retailer review

Reaction score
Have emailed the company twice, and have had no response to them - but have no idea whether this is seen by anyone in the actual company, or if it goes directly to the company handling customer services for them. Unfortunately, I bought the plants using my direct debit card.

Reaction score
I purchased some shrubs from Crocus.co.uk this week, so I thought it might be useful to let everyone know what I thought about them. I've never bought plants online before, so this was a new experience for me!

The website is easy to navigate and has helpful filters to narrow down what you are looking for. The pictures are generally good, although sometimes I had to do an additional Google search to see what certain shrubs look like in their entirety (rather than just a close up on their flowers/leaves). When you add things to your 'wheelbarrow' you can review the list which shows pictures alongside the names - this is quite handy if you are choosing plants which will be put in the same area of the garden. There was one plant which I really loved, but when I looked at it with the other shrubs it just didn't match.

Payment was straight forward and secure, and I had a confirmation email through straight away. All of the shrubs that I bought stated that they were usually delivered within 2-3 days - I placed the order on Monday afternoon and received the shrubs this morning (less than 2 days). The plants were in good condition and well packaged.

My only complant would be that the plant sizes are usually shown by the size of the pot rather than the plant. It would have been really handy to know the rough size that the plant was going to be.

All in all a good experience!

Hi,
I am also having a terrible time with crocus. I order lots of things online and when there is any issue everyone except for crocus has been very helpful. Basically I have ordered plants that said would be delivered within 3 days, it's been 3 days and there is no sign of a delivery. Not even an email saying it will be late. Calling customer service is useless as they are only an "order line". Terrible for someone saying they are an award winning website, I expect better. Other gardening websites have real people to talk to and communicate with customers if there is anything wrong with the order. I have emailed crocus and left my number with "customer service", awaiting response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi,
I am also having a terrible time with crocus. I order lots of things online and when there is any issue everyone except for crocus has been very helpful. Basically I have ordered plants that said would be delivered within 3 days, it's been 3 days and there is no sign of a delivery. Not even an email saying it will be late. Calling customer service is useless as they are only an "order line". Terrible for someone saying they are an award winning website, I expect better. Other gardening websites have real people to talk to and communicate with customers if there is anything wrong with the order. I have emailed crocus and left my number with "customer service", awaiting response.

Hi Maggie
I had a bad experience with Crocus recently, and the only way that I managed to resolve it was by putting a bad review on Trustpilot. While I was on that website, I noticed that other bad experiences with this company had been resolved by contacting Jo Heath, Teal Leader for Customer Service, who gave a direct phone number for her organisation. Tel no. 01344 629652. I got hold of her, and my problem (non-delivery) was sorted out by a new overnight delivery which arrived the next day. I advise you to phone her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question