Crocus.co.uk retailer review

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased some shrubs from Crocus.co.uk this week, so I thought it might be useful to let everyone know what I thought about them. I've never bought plants online before, so this was a new experience for me!

The website is easy to navigate and has helpful filters to narrow down what you are looking for. The pictures are generally good, although sometimes I had to do an additional Google search to see what certain shrubs look like in their entirety (rather than just a close up on their flowers/leaves). When you add things to your 'wheelbarrow' you can review the list which shows pictures alongside the names - this is quite handy if you are choosing plants which will be put in the same area of the garden. There was one plant which I really loved, but when I looked at it with the other shrubs it just didn't match.

Payment was straight forward and secure, and I had a confirmation email through straight away. All of the shrubs that I bought stated that they were usually delivered within 2-3 days - I placed the order on Monday afternoon and received the shrubs this morning (less than 2 days). The plants were in good condition and well packaged.

My only complant would be that the plant sizes are usually shown by the size of the pot rather than the plant. It would have been really handy to know the rough size that the plant was going to be.

All in all a good experience!

Reaction score
Hi Becky,

I have used Crocus many times over the years and found them to be really good. The plants are always healthy, delivery is when they tell you it will be, the plants are always carefully packed and they e-mail me to let me know how my order is going every step of the way. I would recomend them, I have the same frustration as you regarding the pot size but every online company does the same it seems, however if you use another excellent company called Athelas Plants www.athelasplants.co.uk they always give you the height of the plant or tree as well, another excellent company I would recomend.

Nath

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent, thanks for the recommendation! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Becky I have had many and all healthy excellent quality plants from Crocus.

You all get cash back from Quidco when you order through Quidco.

Reaction score
I must be a singularly unlucky person, going by the experiences above. I also placed a plant order with Crocus. I can't comment on the plant size or quality, because I haven't received them, although the money for them was taken from my account pretty speedily. Two phone calls to their utterly useless Customer Service, a company employed by Crocus to deal with people like me, gained promises to phone me back twice. These have not happened, neither have offers to get the carrier in question to phone me. Emails are similarily ignored. My over-riding impression is of a company quick to swipe the money, who don't care a damn about their customers or the service they provide.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I so sorry you have been very unlucky.

I have been using this company for manŷ yrs now and can't complain as have had my plants prompt

And reply to emails no problem at all.

Have you phone the crocus personally .

Reaction score
I so sorry you have been very unlucky.

I have been using this company for manŷ yrs now and can't complain as have had my plants prompt

And reply to emails no problem at all.

Have you phone the crocus personally .

Reaction score
If you can find a phone number to contact anyone at Crocus directly, I'd be very grateful for it. Have phoned their Customer Service twice - absolutely useless.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Here is phone number
Also email the orders at crocus plants and if this does not work contact the top their Co

Reaction score
The number you have given is the number for their Customer Service dept which is given on their website - this is a company employed by Crocus to deal with dissatisfied customers like me - and you will not be able to speak to ANYONE directly employed by Crocus, or able to give you any meaningful answers. Believe me, I've tried. Don't know who you are Scotcat, but you almost sound like someone employed by Crocus or their Customer Service co. trying to lessen the damage. But if you are simply a customer for whom the service worked, thank your lucky stars.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
No need to be rude beanstew I was only trying to help I am a good customer of Crocus

I wish I had not take the time to reply to your question

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I sounded rude Scotcat, I do sincerely appreciate that you were trying to help me - and I am sincerely glad that you have not encountered the same difficulties as I have in dealing with this company. Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Really sorry to hear you've been having problems, Beanstew :( Did you buy the plants using your credit card? If so you can sometimes call your bank and ask for the money to be refunded. It's always worth using your credit card for online purchases for just this reason!

Also if you are having problems with the customer services you could perhaps try emailing a written complaint?

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear you've been having problems, Beanstew :( Did you buy the plants using your credit card? If so you can sometimes call your bank and ask for the money to be refunded. It's always worth using your credit card for online purchases for just this reason!

Also if you are having problems with the customer services you could perhaps try emailing a written complaint?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Well said Becky

And I also think you can chat on Skype with Crocus.

Ask a Question