Bad experience with Crocus mail order

Reaction score
Big order from crocus - most plants were OK. However, three anemone japonica White Swan looked a bit manky and died within a week of planting. I'm an experienced gardener, prepared the site properly, and kept watered. And planted them within a metre of three that I planted last year and which are thriving. Have emailed Crocus twice and received no response. I have also phoned customer service twice, only to be put through to the order line who could neither help nor put me through to customer service. Very frustrating. Obviously, I won't be using them again. Has anyone else had experience, good or bad, of Crocus's after sales service?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I have never even heard of this company. I order from directgardening.com and they seem to have an excellent replacement service, any time that i have had a plant not live. If it came in a group of five, and only two lived, they will replace all five.
You do have to save the bag that it came in, and be able to send it back to have the plants replaced. I usually just save my bag and then wait until fall to be sure what is or is not going to grow, and then inform them of all the lost plants at one time. They have always sent out a replacement for me right away.

Reaction score
I have never even heard of this company. I order from directgardening.com and they seem to have an excellent replacement service, any time that i have had a plant not live. If it came in a group of five, and only two lived, they will replace all five.
You do have to save the bag that it came in, and be able to send it back to have the plants replaced. I usually just save my bag and then wait until fall to be sure what is or is not going to grow, and then inform them of all the lost plants at one time. They have always sent out a replacement for me right away.

Reaction score
Crocus is a UK mail order plant supplier with a good reputation often belied by its performance. As far as I know they do not operate in the US, and directgardening.com does not operate in the UK. So we poor Brits are unable to benefit from their exemplary service.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! (y)

Sorry to hear you've had problems with Crocus, you are the second person who has come here complaining about their after care so it must be pretty bad! I've never had problems myself, but then perhaps I was lucky that the plants I ordered were all fine. They clearly have problems with their customer services department which they need to sort out!

Trust Pilot has several recent bad reviews which have been responded to - might be worth a look:

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.crocus.co.uk

Ask a Question