Christmas Presents 2019

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Screenshot_20190919-090610.png

Weber grill users would appreciate the ceramic aspect of the big green egg type cooker without the expense!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We've reached an age where we don't buy each anything other than token Christmas presents. I'll buy her an orchid, she'll buy me some
Decleor shaving gel, or similar.
If there's something either of us want which we can afford, we just go out and buy it when we think of it. Why wait for Christmas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
also at that age, where we really don't need anything. during the year, if we need a new shovel or some other garden replacement item. we just buy it. hard to find things for each other. we treat each other to experiences instead. tickets to some play, weeks away at a resort. etc. He just went to a house auction and came away with some neat garden stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. With age comes.....stuff.

Well.. In my wife's case it comes with, "a bag o' cash!"

That's why I never buy her anything. This avoids the "That's lovely! Err.. Did you keep the receipt?" situation.

Mind you, I'd find any of these more than accepable.

P1050601.JPG

P1050602.JPG

P1050603.JPG

P1050604.JPG

P1050606.JPG

Wurlitzer 1955 1800.jpg

They are in Arighi Bianchi's furniture showrooms in Macclesfield. They aren't for sale, they belong to the owner. He's another enthusiast. They're there for male customers to play with whilst their wives spend their money.

My wife bought a leather Stressless recliner chair. We've three now!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I may need this:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Buy her a gift? Know way going to do that for her.
She came home from a shopping trip for our teen age daughter and kept talking about this great sweat shirt she saw. since I worked the night shift I got up Monday morning and went and bought that sweat shirt for her.

No she never even tried it on or ever wore it. Just left it laying where I would see it every time I got home from work. After it laid there for a full year I took it to Salvation Army with other stuff.

We went on a color tour on our motor cycles with a few other couples. Third morning the wives were compalining we guys didn't do any thing special for them. What a bunch of chumps we were we should have told them as I had told my wife when we got married she could quit her job.

But when we returned home the next day I got up early in the morning, went and bought her a dozen yellow roses.
When I got home the next morning after doing a 12 hour shift I caught so much crap over those dam roses. I finally shut her up, told her I would go see a divorce lawyer as soon as I got some sleep and she could go to work happy she had really for the last time gotten any thing from me ever. I did go and talk to a divorce lawyer later that day.
She called me at work that night and said she was sorry and I could inform the lawyer i no longer needed him.

Today If I want some thing I go buy it. If she wants some thing she can buy it her self. No more neat sweat shirts or cut flowers will ever cross the thresh hold I spent good money on.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Yesterday we went shopping, stopped in a resturant for dinner. As usual we set side by side in the booth.
Waitress saide we were waiting for another couple and we said no. She then said OH sweethearts, I told her no I set beside her so I don't have to look at her.

At one time I would have said yup but no longer.

:D Al

Ask a Question