Christmas baking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
no problem

I use a breadmaker to do the mixing and beating the dough then form it and bake in pans on 350f for about 20 minutes

In this order into breadmaker or mixer

slurp of oil ( I use canola)
1 1/3 cup of water
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
heaping tbspn milk powder ( I use soy milk powder because it is cheaper - if you don't have any, substitute some of the water with milk)
4 cups flour
all of these are tbspn measures
3 sage
2 parsley
1 each rosemary and thyme
1 yeast

Breadmaker on dough cycle or mix everything into a dough, knead for awhile (at least 10 minutes) then place in a greased, covered bowl to rise.
This will make two loaves.

Enjoy :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Bread makers, something I avoid to buy, would probably use it a lot. and then eat the bread a lot , and then the hip would expand a lot. so, nope, the old fashioned method is good for me.
But, I do love fresh bread, with butter melting around yummy.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Funny thing is that I don't add butter any more. I have 2 Panasonic breadmakers and they make beautiful bread. We make a loaf nearly every night and I use organic flour as much as possible. When I started, I kept forgetting the butter and it still worked, so I never add butter in it. I add a lot of seeds, lynseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and add all sorts of nuts .. Son says that if he eats shop bought bread, he will be hungry.

True, eating too much bread can help you put on weight very quickly.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've done all my baking. True Alp, i don't eat a lot of bread because of my weight, but it's always wholemeal. Fresh from the bakery at tesco.:)

At Tesco! Ummm.. not so fresh as mine then. But still, I'd love to try baking, but when I saw the amount of sugar, I had headache... Then this lady told me that without that, the thing wouldn't rise.. True.

I have a pastry roll in my freezer and last night I got 4 packets of pork chops and I am running out of room. But I still want to go to Morrisons to get some Salmon. I went to Asda with £25 voucher, but I didn't like the look of meats there, including salmon. I felt I was biased. But I just didn't like them.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
At Tesco! Ummm.. not so fresh as mine then. But still, I'd love to try baking, but when I saw the amount of sugar, I had headache... Then this lady told me that without that, the thing wouldn't rise.. True.

I have a pastry roll in my freezer and last night I got 4 packets of pork chops and I am running out of room. But I still want to go to Morrisons to get some Salmon. I went to Asda with £25 voucher, but I didn't like the look of meats there, including salmon. I felt I was biased. But I just didn't like them.
Yes it's as fresh as yours, it's freshly baked in the morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I give a lot of my bread to family and friends. When they eat it, I don't gain weight :) I like forming my own loaves so I let the breadmaker do all of the hard work first.:D

Today I found spider mites in one of my indoor growing areas. Sprayed with neem oil and hope this will push them back.

Anyone got tips on how to make sure they don't come back? I'm thinking of removing everything, washing down with bleach and water and filling with bug spray. Waiting and then putting my freshly sprayed plants back in. Would love to know where those darned things come from :mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
making manicotti for Christmas Eve dinner. realized I bought too much ricotta, so now thinking about a ricotta cheese and candied orange rind pie, probably an invention. but will look about and see comparisons of like recipes.

Sorry Esther but I have to disagree. You can never have "too much ricotta". :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan: I think they say that all the dough has been delivered to the shop or the bread has been part made. I could be wrong.

I give a lot of my bread to family and friends. When they eat it, I don't gain weight :) I like forming my own loaves so I let the breadmaker do all of the hard work first.:D

Today I found spider mites in one of my indoor growing areas. Sprayed with neem oil and hope this will push them back.

Anyone got tips on how to make sure they don't come back? I'm thinking of removing everything, washing down with bleach and water and filling with bug spray. Waiting and then putting my freshly sprayed plants back in. Would love to know where those darned things come from :mad:

Saw this

There are certain natural oils they hate, including citrus, lavender, peppermint, citronella, cinnamon, tea tree and cloves. This natural spider deterrent does wonders to combat an arachnid invasion, and with repeated use will help repel spiders year round: ... Reapply the spray once a week during peak "spiderseasons."30 May 2013

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
15338773_10207618102586334_6881768627615012939_n.jpg

Ask a Question