Christmas baking.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Silentrunning Hahaha! Don't worry! I'm a coward and won't touch it. It will not render me stoned on the street?

Not much chance of me sampling one here! Now, you've got me fascinated. If I liked the look of parmegiano cracker, I might ask @marlingardener for a recipe. I know how innocent and moorish that could be.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just marzepaned the cake.
Before
IMG_20171220_114015.jpg

After
IMG_20171220_121942.jpg

Let it dry until Friday then i'll ice it with royal icing.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! What a transformation! It's so nice to eat home-made honest and top ingredients stuff! (y)

I am so useless - can't wire stuff, or bake ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, i can't wire stuff, but very good with crafts. When i was at school,in one of the lessons i made a leather case for a small radio, a food tray with basketing around the rim. We had sewing lessons, made a nightee and a blouse.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We never had sewing lessons or cookery lessons. That's why I am such a boring person! :LOL::cry:

It was an eye opener when I got into a better government school and saw boys hanging around the windows to get their treats from the girls right after cookery class.. Wish I were there right at the start. Not bright enough. When we moved to this new government school, we were said to have INVADED this school as there were quite a few of us, just as we were when we first came to the forum. We were called "escapees". Some civility accorded to us!. I was wondering what hit us .. as we hadn't even found our orientation .. Kept clicking the pic icon next to emoji to load a photo???!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Logan, what does that mean please! I'm dying to know!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp as you also said it you should know. ??????

I just liked to torment you as you sounded so abrupt:LOL:.. and now you sound angry.:LOL:. I was only teasing you! Hahaha! :D You should know me by now. I was just like you - very abrupt ..

Wire stuff is wire stuff together, for example, changing a plug or wiring up audio equipment. I am no good at explaining this. Perhaps @Colin the walking encyclopaedia will help. He's technical. Wire stuff up is just a quick way of saying joining things join electrically .. Oh, I'd better stop as I think I'm going in a loop! :eek::D

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I just liked to torment you as you sounded so abrupt:LOL:.. and now you sound angry.:LOL:. I was only teasing you! Hahaha! :D You should know me by now. I was just like you - very abrupt ..

Wire stuff is wire stuff together, for example, changing a plug or wiring up audio equipment. I am no good at explaining this. Perhaps @Colin the walking encyclopaedia will help. He's technical. Wire stuff up is just a quick way of saying joining things join electrically .. Oh, I'd better stop as I think I'm going in a loop! :eek::D
Wiring stuff is like what @alp said. Wiring plugs,all though now things come with plugs already on, because people didn't know how to put them on properly, so they were being electrocuted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
OK, well, I guess I know who you both will call when they need something fixed, or cooked or baked. Hope you can light a fire and wave the correct smoked signals to get across the pond .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I actually have a new hobby. I now want to collect coins. Ex collected coins year by year and they were all stolen during a burglary.

By happy accident, I have got a 50p Beatrix Potter coin. Alas, not so exciting as this one

View attachment 30618

This one has sold for £4500 on ebay. I think the one above is so expensive because it has got COLOUR!

I have got this one

images

Very drab in comparison. But hey, it safer than buying bitcoin! Haha!

Next time when you get a coin, have a good look before spending it.
Off Topic Police will be knocking on your door very soon.

Ask a Question