Christmas baking.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to know what baking you are doing.
These are my special mince pies, with chopped cherries. No chopped nuts this time, hubby's got to be careful with his teeth.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
IMG_20171218_115928.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I baked
Mince Tarts
Cherry Tarts
Christmas cake
Snicker doodles
Shortbread
Spritz press cookies
Coconut Maraschino cookies
Gingerbread men
Ice box cookies
Then made Rum balls
Eggnog fudge
White chocolate christmas jewel fudge
And chocolate mint fudge

I made enough for 7 large trays and 6 small trays and sprinkled them with store bought candy canes.

And I have lots of Christmas cake just for me!

Oops forgot to mention the meringues ...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I start my Christmas baking shortly after Thanksgiving. I have pumpkin bread, cranberry nut bread, Amish cut out cookies, spritz, gingersnaps,parmegiano crackers and cheddar crackers (for the diabetics on my list) and almond brownies. I make up nine plates for friends and for the feed store, hardware store, and grocery.
I love this time of year--I can bake to my heart's content, and make folks happy with home-made treats!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Those look good. I made ribs on the grill:(

I prefer ribs on the grill or a whole chicken thigh, a duck breast, a marbled sirloin.. Cakes not my favorite ..

But Logan, they are fab and I bet they taste as much.. Ding Dong, here comes alp!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I baked
Mince Tarts
Cherry Tarts
Christmas cake
Snicker doodles
Shortbread
Spritz press cookies
Coconut Maraschino cookies
Gingerbread men
Ice box cookies
Then made Rum balls
Eggnog fudge
White chocolate christmas jewel fudge
And chocolate mint fudge

I made enough for 7 large trays and 6 small trays and sprinkled them with store bought candy canes.

And I have lots of Christmas cake just for me!

Oops forgot to mention the meringues ...

Whoa! You're in your elements! Bet your kitchen smells nice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
People may laugh but one of my favorite holiday treats is CHEX Mix. I just can't get enough of it and will make several batches. Everyone knows that if they stop over between Thanksgiving and New Years there will be a bowl of CHEX Mix handy. As for the baking, my daughter will make a ton of sugar cookies in various Christmas shapes and pumpkin pies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I start my Christmas baking shortly after Thanksgiving. I have pumpkin bread, cranberry nut bread, Amish cut out cookies, spritz, gingersnaps,parmegiano crackers and cheddar crackers (for the diabetics on my list) and almond brownies. I make up nine plates for friends and for the feed store, hardware store, and grocery.
I love this time of year--I can bake to my heart's content, and make folks happy with home-made treats!

Would love to feast our eyes on your delice, @marlingardener ! Make sure you upload tons of pics.. Home spun and honest food is best. I'd love a bit of parmegiano crackers.. Any way, anything with parmagiano in it tastes nice. I specially bought one for Christmas.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Alp, I'll be setting up the last plates for distribution tomorrow. I'll ask my husband to take a photo and I'll post later this week. Thank you for asking, and I will happily share the parm cracker recipe with anyone who wants it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good news - looking forward to seeing your lovely food. I only have a gas oven which was the worst buy of mine, next to a Bosch washing machine which this morning read 0.01 and then for no reason went to 0.05. No wonder my washing is never finished. As for my oven, even my potatoes usually come out a disaster. I have to wrap my food in a foil chamber to make sure it is not burnt or burnt but uncooked inside. I'm a lousy cook! I do love eating, but not sweet cakes.. Love Italian foods

Ask a Question