United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Cuscuta is a parasitic plant...... after the seed sprouts, the plant grows like a creeper/climber and reaches for the nearest plant. When it reaches a plant, it climbs on to it...... it produces root like stuff called haustoria that enters into a plants stems and uses up the nutrients, while its roots die. It slowly kills the plant by drinking its body fluids and then moves on to the next closest plant.
It is like a mesh of thin ropes that break off easily and even if a few centemeter size is still left on the plant, it will regrow so pulling them off is next to impossible.
The only effective to remove them is to remove the host plant and burn it.

Told you, @Vishu1708 You have a cruel streak .. LOL! Make me laugh that you could expose your cruelty for the world to see...

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I totally missed this thread, title does not go along with content.:)

Christmas is far, here in my part of the world we would be having a firework festival on new moon this month (Diwali).:cool:

Give a plant as a gift, last time I gifted an aloe vera (medicinal herb), with good intention but it turned out that person has a blind belief:cautious: (thorny plant create disturbance in family, quarrel, etc).

Next time I visited, I found the same pot with their neighbor:mad:, thriving:rolleyes:. At least they did not threw it away.
I learned my lesson, so from that day on, I give flowers (if you have allergy to any particular flower not my problem, blame the florist) and chocolate slabs (none can deny, all ages can enjoy).

Now a days, fruit bouquet are in trend, its quite amusing. they either carve flowers out of fruits or simply poke whole fruits with stick to make the bouquet.(IDK (n) whether to eat it or keep it).

Anyway gift is a gift, depends solely on receivers attitude. I let my shining star, my little lady:love: choose the gift for family, she know who needs what:LOL:.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Rajesh The world is full of irrational and superstitious people. Aloe Vera is one of the best platns to gift .. but when people are ignorant, you just can't enlighten them.. Don't you agree?

Having said that, i really hate it when ex gave son a clock as a Christmas present. 1) We don't need it 2) Clock sounds final in my language and that's mean death:eek:.. Ahhhh, I'm one of those ignorami .now! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that's right 4 sounds like dead, same in Japanese, so they have a different sound for it. Also, we don't like having shoes as present as that means a year of moaning or dissatisfaction. 14 is even worse i.e. Bound to die .. no way of escaping death.. LOL! I rreally don't mind the clock for myself, for my only son as a present is a bit dodgy. The person gifting that was my ex .. LOL! I have to tell him NOT to do it again.. LOL!

Aloe Vera I don't mind.. Love it actually..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This is my fathers watch.:confused:

p watch.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I know a strange superstition that Scindapsus (Pothos) drive men out of the house.
One day, one of the parents brought to the school (where my son was studying) a Scindapsus.
Our teacher was a superstitious lady.
She said: "Why did you bring this? Take back, your boys are studying here! I brought home such a plant, and my husband left me. "

Personally, I also have this plant. It is in the kitchen on the refrigerator. I do not see that the male part of the family is less likely to come to the kitchen. On the contrary, this is the only place where I see them all the time. And everyone peeps into the refrigerator!
The cat (male) also lives in the kitchen!

So I could say that Pothos attracts men!
mocking.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's such an innocent plant! it's human beings' fault. It's like some people say that pig is dirty and any association with it is dirty. But the pig is a neutral thing .. and it's we who create such connotation or assign desirable or undesirable attributes.

Same goes for cow. Some think they are sacred and some vile.. I think we are the trouble makers!

Ask a Question