CCCChristmas will be here soon ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I would give them Milkweed, because I want everyone, even people I hate, to have native plants species that benefit wildlife.

Oh, by the way, it's also a true story. I gave someone I hated Asclepias tuberosa. Couldn't stand the person but at least they planted milkweed for the pollinators.

That's a nice present. Please hate me and send me this present.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm with you alp so can reply; it's actually a very easy question to answer; we seldom give plants because plants are such a personal choice; regarding my beloved; this too is easy; I give my lovely Bron a handful of cash and ask her what store/s she would like to visit; these are usually M&S in Pudsey and Meadowhall or/and Boundary Mills in Catcliffe or Colne although Boundary Mills is generally a rip off it being a retail outlet advertising up to 75% off RRP but many times the items can be bought cheaper elsewhere; by doing this Bron enjoys the prezzies she buys and also gets trips out to the stores; Bron's happy and so am I. :)

It's a big world so I can avoid people I dislike and I don't wish ill of anyone; if I don't like someone I leave them well alone; there's enough troubles in the world already. :(

I was taught religion and history in school failing on both subjects because I've absolutely no interest in either of them; I much prefer Easter to Christmas because our winters are so long and miserable at least Easter means perhaps (?) better weather is on the way.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I don't give plants to people I don't like/disagree with. Why wish that person on a poor, innocent plant?
However, people I DO like get plants all the time. I have a friend who swore she had a brown thumb and could kill any plant. I started her out with no-fail vegetables, a couple of perennials, and now she has a pretty nice garden. She hasn't graduated to roses yet, but has plenty of native flowers. She is happy, I'm happy, and gosh are those plants happy!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
I would gift Asphodelus tenuifolius to my archnemesis......:devil:
It a common weed in mustard fields......
Its quiet harmless, actually, and odourless and flavourless....... the juice from a single plant give you instant diarreah.... village kids pull pranks on each other by mixing its juice with other beverages(usually fresh sugarcane juice) and the moment you stand up..... your pants are ruined!!:p:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I would gift Asphodelus tenuifolius to my archnemesis......:devil:
It a common weed in mustard fields......
Its quiet harmless, actually, and odourless and flavourless....... the juice from a single plant give you instant diarreah.... village kids pull pranks on each other by mixing its juice with other beverages(usually fresh sugarcane juice) and the moment you stand up..... your pants are ruined!!:p:D

You gave me such a cackle! So wicked.:p:eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm with you alp so can reply; it's actually a very easy question to answer; we seldom give plants because plants are such a personal choice; regarding my beloved; this too is easy; I give my lovely Bron a handful of cash and ask her what store/s she would like to visit; these are usually M&S in Pudsey and Meadowhall or/and Boundary Mills in Catcliffe or Colne although Boundary Mills is generally a rip off it being a retail outlet advertising up to 75% off RRP but many times the items can be bought cheaper elsewhere; by doing this Bron enjoys the prezzies she buys and also gets trips out to the stores; Bron's happy and so am I. :)

It's a big world so I can avoid people I dislike and I don't wish ill of anyone; if I don't like someone I leave them well alone; there's enough troubles in the world already. :(

I was taught religion and history in school failing on both subjects because I've absolutely no interest in either of them; I much prefer Easter to Christmas because our winters are so long and miserable at least Easter means perhaps (?) better weather is on the way.

Kind regards, Colin.

I wish my ex got this message. He never does. I told him I just wanted money so that I could buy what I wanted. He's very sweet and will always give me money as well as a present. Last year, I told him I ONLY wanted money, but on top of giving me that, he bought a pot of Kalanchoe which cost £5 and with horrible artificial colourful confetti all over the plant right to the root. I was so upset. I got one up the road for 50p. Imagine what I could do with the rest - £4.50:eek::eek::p! But he will do the same this year! I felt so wicked having to tell him that I bought one for 50p!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have to agree with you, @Esther Knapicius . I still don't understand this thread. Perhaps an "other side of the pond" thing. :whistle:

Definitely .. Nothing called special relationship.. We call garden you call yard. But the good will to surmount the difference is much appreciated.. and admired.. and to be applauded ... or appalled by some ..

Vive la différence!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Definitely .. Nothing called special relationship.. We call garden you call yard. But the good will to surmount the difference is much appreciated.. and admired.. and to be applauded ... or appalled by some ..

Vive la différence!

Don't even understand that response? :confused:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't even understand that response? :confused:

LOL! Love your response.. Make me laugh .. At least, you made an effort to respond.. to be commended, applauded and admired..

Love your emoji! Huh?!

Ask a Question