Canna Lily 2018

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
One of my many Cannova Scarlett (don't mind the weeds)

cannascarlett2.jpg

planter6.jpg

and Canna African Sunset
cannaafricans2.jpg

cannaafricans.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love canals and have several varieties around the yard. Sadly they are not doing great this year. My old house had several well established mats, even some that grew in heavy shade. Most Canna are very Hardy and can survive a wide range of conditions. I had some in full sun with lots of good soil and fertilizer and others of the same variety in heavy shade Sandy soil without giving them any attention.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well it won't win any beuty contests, but it's certainly tall! I'm pretty sure that they turned out to be diseased. But they are growing and spreading very strong. Will they out grow the disease next year if I leave them?
IMG_20180906_165024539_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180906_165012207.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I need to get some pictures of my Pretoria, but they are struggling. Only about 8 inches after all summer, just to shady where I put them. I also had some that were supposed to be Stuttgart, but there is no variegation, so I don't know what they are:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Well it won't win any beuty contests, but it's certainly tall! I'm pretty sure that they turned out to be diseased. But they are growing and spreading very strong. Will they out grow the disease next year if I leave them?
View attachment 43958 View attachment 43959
What makes you think they are diseased? Looks to me like some sort of bug damage; my canna lilies look much like that, except the exceptional height. However, they just seem to keep living, flowering and spreading....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What makes you think they are diseased? Looks to me like some sort of bug damage; my canna lilies look much like that, except the exceptional height. However, they just seem to keep living, flowering and spreading....
Well, I'll refer to the judgement of smarter folks here!

Ask a Question