Broken hosta stem

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I had just finished planting this Gold Standard Hosta when my 1 year old came behind me and stepped on it, and snapped one of the two visible stems. Do I need to replace the plant, or will I still get a full plant with a lot of leaves? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 637
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! Those hostas look great. Do you treat them with anything? Last year bugs got to mine a little bit.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I had just finished planting this Gold Standard Hosta when my 1 year old came behind me and stepped on it, and snapped one of the two visible stems. Do I need to replace the plant, or will I still get a full plant with a lot of leaves? Thanks in advance.
As long as she didn't break the root a hosta will live

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
one day, some guest to my house, stepped off my front steps right on the newly emerged hosta from its sleep in the winter, she stepped right flat in the center of the babies. SMH. anyway, it survived well. and I did not worry about it. just thought how stupid is she, as my gardens are well marked.

Ask a Question