My Hostas 2015

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Taking a walk yesterday, shots of all my hostas up and happy. My gardens are located in Parkesburg, PA, Chester County. You can see other pics, and videos on You tube at Estherredstar Channel.
100_7055.JPG
100_7022.JPG
100_7023.JPG
100_7024.JPG
100_7025.JPG
100_7026.JPG
100_7027.JPG
100_7026.JPG
100_7027.JPG
100_7028.JPG

Attachments

• 100_7029.JPG
    100_7029.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 527
  • 100_7030.JPG
    100_7030.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 563
Reaction score
Woah! You did upload a lot pictures! Your hostas look so great, very healthy and beautiful. I can tell you take really good care of them :) I had already seen this kind of plant somewhere else already, but I had no idea what they were called.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're beautiful!!:D I love when plants look so healthy, green and lush. You're doing a great job:) My mother grows hostas too. Our dog likes lying on them;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
thank you all. Hosta's are the easiest to care for. To me its finding the right color, size and texture to compliment the surroundings etc. Over the years we have removed many to just give away to friends. Even though in the pictures it may not be noticeable, but I tried to capture the picture of the larger ones in comparison to the car near by for size. there is also a very wee little one I do enjoy and is a very rugged one, called baby bunting. I love the yellows, they are good for popping in shade. The blues match my house. And I did realize I did miss one. Will try to get a picture today.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Your hostas are so impressive. I didn't realize there was such variety. I've tried twice with the ones with the white edges but have been decimated by snails. What is your secret. You say they are easy. I imagine if I try again I'll be out all hours doing snail watch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
about 20 years ago I gathered all the books I could from the library to learn about hostas, amazed by the variety, shape, height, with, leaf texture, color, flower color etc. Any plant in a garden is like decorating a room, each complements the other etc. So thus my choices in the area. The heavier leaf hosta does keep snails at bay I am told, however, I don't seem to have to worry too much about that. Slugs do show up once a while, I believe my toads take care of that issue. But if I see more than usual I like using the beer in the saucer method.
Thanks for your responds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
about 20 years ago I gathered all the books I could from the library to learn about hostas, amazed by the variety, shape, height, with, leaf texture, color, flower color etc. Any plant in a garden is like decorating a room, each complements the other etc. So thus my choices in the area. The heavier leaf hosta does keep snails at bay I am told, however, I don't seem to have to worry too much about that. Slugs do show up once a while, I believe my toads take care of that issue. But if I see more than usual I like using the beer in the saucer method.
Thanks for your responds.
Thanks for the tips Esther. I'll try my luck with a heavier leaf hosta and sit in next to a pub!!!

Reaction score
These are just lovely! You have so many sizes, colors, textures, and shapes in your hostas- it looks fabulous!

I think I see Blue Mouse Ears in your photos... aren't they the cutest little thing? I've seen some really nice ones here spreading in the foregound of shade borders more than once. They certainly do the trick without any fuss or issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lovely, Esther - those look like really well-established and happy hostas. :) I have quite a few myself, they are so easy to grow. Last fall I forgot to thin them out so a couple of my hosta beds are a tad overcrowded right now.

I want to get some of the humungous giant ones with leaves several feet across for my side yard but they are hard to find.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your Hosta are very pretty, and well cared for. I was thinking about what I wanted out front something easy and now I know Hosta. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
The one picture I have with the car next to it is the largest leaf one I have. The flower on it, is as long as from the tips of my fingers to two inches past my wrist.
The leaf is so big, someone said to me, you could lay a baby on it. I have three of those. This season, even with the cold we had did not seem to faze any of my plants. All is well.

Ask a Question