Beverly Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This project is a custom build for Beverly..I will call it Beverly Gardens...This will be a two story Miniature Garden..The Garden is based on a real structure and will be in 1/12 scale..Now I want to show you the pictures of the room that I will replicate. All you need to do is sit back and watch Beverlys Garden transform into one of my best creations...
stairs.jpg
afae1ba05a9ace82262a84ad9d4fa8a5.jpg
singes3-M.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Sorry @Shape, it is too dark, too enclosed, too ornate, and not lived in but not looking like a ruin:(. I am an outside person, you see, and whenever i am inside i think of all the excuses i can make to be outside...that's why the dishes don't get washed as often and they should. I am sure that somebody is going to love this one, but it isn't me. It is going to have to be somebody else's garden. I like the other one 100 times better. Artistic variations are okay, but this is more than a variation it is an entirely different thing. I am so sorry that i do not love it...i hope you are not too bummed. Someone will love it i am sure. Can we get back to the original with maybe some variations to satisfy your creativity? That's the one i fell in love with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Yes, indeed, i went back to the original photos of the ruins...I absolutely love that one. It would be so much fun to plant and i have already started thinking of some plants i can use. I get that you want to do something different...so very sorry:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Shape. You are a saint and an angel and i don't know how it could be any better, but i guess you do. Don't give up on your Mansion Gardens, i can tell you already have a vision for it and someone is going to love that one and it probably will be the best one yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thank you @Shape. You are a saint and an angel and i don't know how it could be any better, but i guess you do. Don't give up on your Mansion Gardens, i can tell you already have a vision for it and someone is going to love that one and it probably will be the best one yet.
Yours is already in the making...Its going to be 18 inches wide by 15 inches long and you will have 4 inches of soil depth...Not sure how tall yet still planning hahaha

Reaction score
Awesome! That is a really nice place :) If it wasn't because yesterday I saw an indoors garden doing very well, I'd think your idea is crazy, but I saw that really nice indoors garden yesterday and wow! That indoors garden has a lot light though, next to huge windows and there is a skylight right above it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds wonderful, Shape!:) I'm sure your miniature garden will look great. Please keep us posted. The room in the photos is amazing, I love it!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a fascinating place and I am sure you will build an amazing Beverly garden! Can't wait to see the result!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It won't really be an indoor miniature garden because i think @Shape is going to take the roof off of the miniature house and it will be flooded with light. At any rate, i have opted for the design in the thread 1/12 Miniature Garden, but i knew there would be people who would like this one. Only Shape has the vision in his head and hopefully he will post photos here as he progresses with this design, or maybe he will wait until it is complete, but i think it is going to be spectacular. Just wait and see! That's what i am going to do too and i'm really looking forward to it. Nice to see you @Trellum have you relocated yet? I think you must have done. I hope everything is going very well with you.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love your visions. I do like the vision you have for Beverly Gardens, for myself I would want more light. Waiting to see the finished project.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It won't really be an indoor miniature garden because i think @Shape is going to take the roof off of the miniature house and it will be flooded with light. At any rate, i have opted for the design in the thread 1/12 Miniature Garden, but i knew there would be people who would like this one. Only Shape has the vision in his head and hopefully he will post photos here as he progresses with this design, or maybe he will wait until it is complete, but i think it is going to be spectacular. Just wait and see! That's what i am going to do too and i'm really looking forward to it. Nice to see you @Trellum have you relocated yet? I think you must have done. I hope everything is going very well with you.
Hi Beverly! Are you going to want the small cavities in the walls for small plants?..Im almost done with the rear wall and time to make that decision...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I love your visions. I do like the vision you have for Beverly Gardens, for myself I would want more light. Waiting to see the finished project.
I I think the picture is deceiving and makes people think that its an enclosed garden...But my vision was to add a hundred years to a decaying room..No ceiling and crumbled wall to reveal a once beautiful staircase exposed to the elements... Pure beautiful made by nature,,,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Spade said...Hi Beverly! Are you going to want the small cavities in the walls for small plants?..Im almost done with the rear wall and time to make that decision...
Gee, i don't know Spade :). I think small cavities would add to the ruin effect and would look okay with or without small plants? If that is the case, you can add them, i'm not sure i will use them. If the cavities will appear awkward without small plants in them then don't add. I think however the original design is in this case is the best way to go. Thanks for checking with me, if i haven't expressed myself clearly (which is frequently the case) by all means let me know and i'll try to clarify.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Spade said...Hi Beverly! Are you going to want the small cavities in the walls for small plants?..Im almost done with the rear wall and time to make that decision...
Gee, i don't know Spade :). I think small cavities would add to the ruin effect and would look okay with or without small plants? If that is the case, you can add them, i'm not sure i will use them. If the cavities will appear awkward without small plants in them then don't add. I think however the original design is in this case is the best way to go. Thanks for checking with me, if i haven't expressed myself clearly (which is frequently the case) by all means let me know and i'll try to clarify.
It wont hurt with the cavities just fill them with dirt and they will look great...Ok here is your design..Its not finished weathering and its only the rear wall but this is what I have come up with..Hope you like it...
IMG_1559_ - Copy_tonemapped.jpg
IMG_1562_ - Copy_tonemapped.jpg

Ask a Question