Beverly Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh my goodness...you have done so much in one day. It is going to be wonderful, but don't stay up all night:)
IMG_7984.JPG
Im off to work but Should be done tonight..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)(y)Looking so good and i'm starting to get that feeling! I was thinking about the figurines. I know they are pricey. One option might be if i purchase them online, have you take a look for approval, and i have them sent to you so you can send them with the Ruin. Or you could take a look and choose some, send the url and i could purchase them directly and have them sent to you. I looked this am, but could only find animals and angels and action figures, egad. I know nothing about figurines and am pretty sure i can not purchase them here. I don't think there are any hobby shops here. Obviously the figurines in your 1/12 photos are high quality and i think they are worth the price. Maybe you have this part already covered in which case never mind. Maybe there are at hobby shops near you. I am so clueless. Let me know if the option above or some similar variation of same above would be helpful. Gee whiz, it is just brilliant, i love how the light filters through! OMG, i am starting to tear up (don't tell anyone):rolleyes:. PS...i hope you are not feeling rushed, you shouldn't be, you know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
:)(y)Looking so good and i'm starting to get that feeling! I was thinking about the figurines. I know they are pricey. One option might be if i purchase them online, have you take a look for approval, and i have them sent to you so you can send them with the Ruin. Or you could take a look and choose some, send the url and i could purchase them directly and have them sent to you. I looked this am, but could only find animals and angels and action figures, egad. I know nothing about figurines and am pretty sure i can not purchase them here. I don't think there are any hobby shops here. Obviously the figurines in your 1/12 photos are high quality and i think they are worth the price. Maybe you have this part already covered in which case never mind. Maybe there are at hobby shops near you. I am so clueless. Let me know if the option above or some similar variation of same above would be helpful. Gee whiz, it is just brilliant, i love how the light filters through! OMG, i am starting to tear up (don't tell anyone):rolleyes:. PS...i hope you are not feeling rushed, you shouldn't be, you know.
I can run up to hobby lobby tonight and get the figures...Im pretty sure they still have that little girl and dog...But it will run you like 26 bucks...Dollhouse Miniature Resin Doll Becky, Sitting Girl, 3022 I found her on line but the price is the same...Better if i just go get her..Save you from extra shipping....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
That's perfect, thank you @Shape. $26 is no problem, is that each? Or for the girl and dog together?. When you are adding up the costs of the materials, can you include the amount for the figurines? Or do you prefer to handle it some other way? I don't want to keep you out of pocket longer than necessary.

Have you noticed how many different names people call you? Sharp, Spade, Shade, and sometimes even Shape:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That's perfect, thank you @Shape. $26 is no problem, is that each? Or for the girl and dog together?. When you are adding up the costs of the materials, can you include the amount for the figurines? Or do you prefer to handle it some other way? I don't want to keep you out of pocket longer than necessary.

Have you noticed how many different names people call you? Sharp, Spade, Shade, and sometimes even Shape:LOL:
Yes I noticed that..That means they fell comfortable around me. A friendly person brings out the play in folks...And the figure is like 12or13 and the dog is 8or9 Both of them should not run more than 20or 25

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yes I noticed that..That means they fell comfortable around me. A friendly person brings out the play in folks...And the figure is like 12or13 and the dog is 8or9 Both of them should not run more than 20or 25
Ok im off to hobby lobby..See you in a couple of hours..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Okay, drive safe! Yes, i think you are right about the name calling...the people here seem very fond of you and your artistry. me too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Good photos @Shape! I am loving this one and looking forward to adding some vegetation to it when it arrives. Still it is amazing to think that i'll see it every time i am in the garden and be able to enjoy the good feelings of the scene. Thanks for making the thread so we were able to watch the process and progress...this has been fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with the staircase. You meet the nicest people while exploring the various GF forums! Thank you for making this all possible for me.:) So, the plate will be relocated to the back of the structure and you will be tweeking the box a bit? Going for perfection. I'll send photos to post here when it is relocated to Colima, of its new location and some added vegetation. This will be a first for me so i may be seeking advice from people experienced in planting miniature gardens. The soil will be 4 inches (10cm) deep and i think i can do very well with that. The girl figure comes with the name of "Becky", i don't think the dog comes with a name so i have named him BowWow. They will be the guardians, i will be the gardener (with a little help from my friends). Thanks again, my friend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I thought you might like that @Becky:) And the two of you have something in common...you are both good guardians.

@Pat Thank you for the idea and Yes! I was thinking the same thing. I have a volunteer in the garden now called Red Cypress Vine or Hummingbird vine (Ipomoea quamoclit). I have been pinching it back. It is about 4" (10cm) tall now and has a few flower buds already. The leaves are feathery and fern-like and the vine will grow to about 20 ft (6 m) but i am going to put it in a cavity and think it will only have so much room to grow and will adapt. I think there is a good chance, anyway i'm going to give it a try. I also found some seeds of a succulent creeper that i will use in some other of the cavities. In Spanish this succulent is called Verdolaga and has multicolored small peony type flowers. I've yet to look up the English name and scientific name. I found a couple of 4" herbs, one basil and one oregano that are so cute and have little tiny leaves, I have never before seen small versions of either of these herbs and they are so attractive with different colors of green (and they smell wonderful) so i will try these out in the lower garden. By the looks of your profile photo my guess is that must be the youngest GF member and you express yourself very well for your age:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I can see vines growing in the cavities adding age to the structure.
This is why I love the ruins projects..Nothing has to be perfect..You can have just about any plat growing in one of these...

Ask a Question