Beverly Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Awesome! That is a really nice place :) If it wasn't because yesterday I saw an indoors garden doing very well, I'd think your idea is crazy, but I saw that really nice indoors garden yesterday and wow! That indoors garden has a lot light though, next to huge windows and there is a skylight right above it.
Its hard to see this garden the way I want to build it..It does look like im going to build an enclosed room but almost all the walls and ceiling will be gone..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Daren...you'll have to queue up. In the meantime you can make a tiny maze in your garden to keep the elves and fairies busy and out of trouble...i did notice you do not have a maze:ROFLMAO:.

@Shape...every year in November/December we get dried Spanish moss here and i might be able to do something interesting with a little bit of that.
Wish I had moss..hehehe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Here are photos of some plants i have in mind for the miniature garden (MG). Take into account, that i don't really know what i am doing because i have never had a miniature garden before....

I found these two small versions of Oregano (with the darker leaves) and Basil (with the lighter leaves) at a nursery close to where i live. They smell so good, are in 4 inch (10cm) pots with much smaller leaves than they normally have. I couldn't resist and thought i would give them a try in the MG

P1010931.JPG

This is a volunteer to my garden and i wonder if it is a succulent. I cultivated it because it is pretty. I think it will be ideal for the MG. It seems to be a slow traveler and i wonder if it is a species of Pilea.
P1010929.JPG

Here is the Red Cypress Vine or Hummingbird vine (Ipomoea quamoclit) that given free reign will grow up to 20 feet (6 m). But i think if i plant it in one of the upper cavities and keep it pinched back it will produce an MG sized vine that will hang down. Already it has some flower buds that will be bright red in color
P1010933.JPG

This is the seed packet for the flower in Spanish called verdolaga (i will look up the English name and scientific name one of these days). It is a succulent and a creeper and is a popular plant here to fill in sidewalk planting strips. I am also thinking of the taller planter cavities for this one to creep down the bricks. These are some of the MG plants that i have gathered up hoping they will work well. We'll see. What do you think?
P1010935.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Here are photos of some plants i have in mind for the miniature garden (MG). Take into account, that i don't really know what i am doing because i have never had a miniature garden before....

I found these two small versions of Oregano (with the darker leaves) and Basil (with the lighter leaves) at a nursery close to where i live. They smell so good, are in 4 inch (10cm) pots with much smaller leaves than they normally have. I couldn't resist and thought i would give them a try in the MG

View attachment 11487
This is a volunteer to my garden and i wonder if it is a succulent. I cultivated it because it is pretty. I think it will be ideal for the MG. It seems to be a slow traveler and i wonder if it is a species of Pilea.
View attachment 11488

Here is the Red Cypress Vine or Hummingbird vine (Ipomoea quamoclit) that given free reign will grow up to 20 feet (6 m). But i think if i plant it in one of the upper cavities and keep it pinched back it will produce an MG sized vine that will hang down. Already it has some flower buds that will be bright red in color
View attachment 11489

This is the seed packet for the flower in Spanish called verdolaga (i will look up the English name and scientific name one of these days). It is a succulent and a creeper and is a popular plant here to fill in sidewalk planting strips. I am also thinking of the taller planter cavities for this one to creep down the bricks. These are some of the MG plants that i have gathered up hoping they will work well. We'll see. What do you think?
View attachment 11490
Those are beautiful and will look perfect in your new garden...

Ask a Question