Beverly Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Shape said: It wont hurt with the cavities just fill them with dirt and they will look great...Ok here is your design..Its not finished weathering and its only the rear wall but this is what I have come up with..Hope you like it...

It looks great and i LOVE it! Yes you are right about the cavities and i'll always be finding little plants to put in them. I have a few growing in the garden now that will be perfect...a rich green low growing, shallow-rooted ground cover appeared last year and it is so pretty i've been cultivating it. It will be perfect for the ruin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Shape said: It wont hurt with the cavities just fill them with dirt and they will look great...Ok here is your design..Its not finished weathering and its only the rear wall but this is what I have come up with..Hope you like it...

It looks great and i LOVE it! Yes you are right about the cavities and i'll always be finding little plants to put in them. I have a few growing in the garden now that will be perfect...a rich green low growing, shallow-rooted ground cover appeared last year and it is so pretty i've been cultivating it. It will be perfect for the ruin.
I so happy you like it..Here is a picture with the plant holes..And a view of how your side wall will look like...
IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Shape It looks great. I like the columns and oh yes, i can do something with those cavities. Does this mean you have a side wall done and have done the drawing for the front entrance? It's so much fun to watch this go up(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Daren...you'll have to queue up. In the meantime you can make a tiny maze in your garden to keep the elves and fairies busy and out of trouble...i did notice you do not have a maze:ROFLMAO:.

@Shape...every year in November/December we get dried Spanish moss here and i might be able to do something interesting with a little bit of that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
IMG_7977.JPG
IMG_7979.JPG
IMG_7980.JPG
IMG_7981.JPG
@Shape It looks great. I like the columns and oh yes, i can do something with those cavities. Does this mean you have a side wall done and have done the drawing for the front entrance? It's so much fun to watch this go up(y)
Im carving the sides out now..The front gate will be the last step...Here is how the sides will look....
IMG_7977.JPG
IMG_7979.JPG
IMG_7980.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Beverly your so lucky Sharpe is building your house........... Tiny maze sounds cool I may even have a go some time but I bet it take's a hole lot of my Time!......I'll try talking to the elves and fairies, See if they fancy the job;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wow, look at you go! Love the purple bricks:ROFLMAO:
This is sure some tough stuff..Our other one just stood 2 days of hard rain and its just beautiful..I noticed the plants just love the cavities..The insulation properties must be ideal for a average root temperature...Just my guess...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Daren For some reason i was thinking about mazes the other day (probably inspired by your garden) and wondering if maze patterns are available on the web...it might help out the e & fs. I think i give a look, after yoga.

Yes i am lucky to have Shape making the ruins for me. I wasn't thinking of actually owning one and then through conversation it turned into a possibility and i went for it because i love ruins and i kept returning to look at the photos he posted in the 1/12 thread, and was enchanted with the idea i could really have one in my small garden and see it everyday because it has such a good feeling about it. Yes i am lucky.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Shape this is probably the only material that would survive outside in the climate here. Wood does not last more than a few minutes and cement wears down quickly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Daren there is a "maze generator" on the web that allows you to generate different maze patterns in different sizes, who would have thought. i wonder if the e & fs have ipads?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
ge
@Daren For some reason i was thinking about mazes the other day (probably inspired by your garden) and wondering if maze patterns are available on the web...it might help out the e & fs. I think i give a look, after yoga.

Yes i am lucky to have Shape making the ruins for me. I wasn't thinking of actually owning one and then through conversation it turned into a possibility and i went for it because i love ruins and i kept returning to look at the photos he posted in the 1/12 thread, and was enchanted with the idea i could really have one in my small garden and see it everyday because it has such a good feeling about it. Yes i am lucky.
Getting closer...
IMG_7982_ - Copy_fused.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh my goodness...you have done so much in one day. It is going to be wonderful, but don't stay up all night:)

Ask a Question