Besides gardening, what you guys like to do?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
France
I'm an amateur sport photographer, especially woman tennis. During the year I follow several pro tournaments like Roland Garros, Eastbourne and few others in France.

I have a website dedicated to professional woman's tennis : http://www.tennis-avenue.com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
LOL :D

Whale Vomit will have Squid beaks in it and Meteorites have a fusion crust where they melt during entry into the atmosphere :)

My mate thought he'd found some Whale Vomit, even sent it off to be tested, turned out to be a congealed lump of boat wax :D

Hey Zigs, I have some coprolite if you're interested :D

I love cooking and baking, spending time with my husband, and going to my husband's gigs. He's a musician and he normally plays in dance halls and honky tonks, and I love both! I also really enjoy it when it's just an acoustic jam session with some friends.

Oh, and rocks. I love rocks. I buy them, cut them, shape them, and polish them.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Zigs, I have some coprolite if you're interested :D

I love cooking and baking, spending time with my husband, and going to my husband's gigs. He's a musician and he normally plays in dance halls and honky tonks, and I love both! I also really enjoy it when it's just an acoustic jam session with some friends.

Oh, and rocks. I love rocks. I buy them, cut them, shape them, and polish them.

I know where that comes from ta :D

I cut an Ammonite in half :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, did it with a hacksaw, took ages :D

Reaction score
Her indoors likes to keep me busy, so apart from the allotment I have a host of "pastimes" I share with her, like cycling and walking.
My other main hobby is running my soccer forum, apart from that I like anything to do with steam power, and I like photography.

My passion though is football ( soccer) and I try to get to see United at least five times a season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Her indoors likes to keep me busy, so apart from the allotment I have a host of "pastimes" I share with her, like cycling and walking.
My other main hobby is running my soccer forum, apart from that I like anything to do with steam power, and I like photography.

My passion though is football ( soccer) and I try to get to see United at least five times a season.

On the subject of steam power and Man Utd, have you been to the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) here in Manchester? Well worth a visit if you are in the area for a footy match!

Reaction score
On the subject of steam power and Man Utd, have you been to the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) here in Manchester? Well worth a visit if you are in the area for a footy match!

I live so far from Manchester I barely have time to eat when I get to OT !.

It sounds good so I shall have to think about making a special trip.

Reaction score
I really enjoy cooking it is really relaxing for me. Also I really enjoy food any trying new things.

Reaction score
I love reading a good book, specially one that makes me think, not the ones we are used to see these days on the shelves. My favorite book or should I say novel is "The Count of Montecristo" by Alexandre Dumas father. It is quite enjoyable reading in the balcony while I say hello to someone Iknow.

Reaction score
I really love playing chess during my free time.
I have 4 children so pretty much they take up most of my "free time". :) I wouldn't have it any other way honestly. I do enjoy going out to dinner, crafts, cooking and couponing. Going out to the movies with my husband is a favorite too. We love our mini dates!

I am kind of addicted to Pinterest, so I always have a craft or two in the back of mind just waiting to be created. I find a lot of satisfaction in completing these. I have been couponing for about 5 years now so that saves my family tons of money. A great mom feeling as well. Cooking is a must have when there are 6 people in your house so not much choice there... I have learned to enjoy that as well. Looking over this post I actually am laughing reading it! Every one of my likes revolves around my family and making them happy. Awwww... that makes me happy too :)
Have a great day everyone!
Danyel :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I love to cook and bake. I have lots of home-made bread in the freezer, and make all sorts of dishes using our garden produce. I also have more cook books than any sane woman ought to have!
I like your paintings, Zig. I wish I had the talent, but sadly don't.
I do quilt, but here in Texas the "quilting season" is short. I hoop quilt, so having a quilt laying on my lap is limited to two or so months out of the year.

Reaction score
If I am not trying to relax my mind online, I usually take a walk in our new compound. It is still virgin and needs a lot of work, but it really rejuvenates me when thinking of the endless possibilities we can achieve with it.

Ask a Question