Besides gardening, what you guys like to do?

Reaction score
fool with bikes mainly. I learned to weld some about 15 years ago. I'm nowhere near certified, but it lets me try all kinds of things that wouldn't have occurred to me to try before. stretch cruiser bikes are the main things I make.

Reaction score
I enjoy reading immensely, once I start reading an interesting novel am not going to put it down until it's finish. Dancing is another great hobby of mine ; i try to burn most of my calories this way.

Reaction score
I enjoy reading immensely, once I start reading an interesting novel am not going to put it down until it's finish. Dancing is another great hobby of mine ; i try to burn most of my calories this way.

Besides gardening, music is my passion. I'm not into playing music myself just listening and finding new music that I like, I like to keep up with the trends and how popular music evolves, how my favorite artists grow along the way, etc. I read lots of music magazines and websites. I also like reading sometimes but it's not a habit with me as it once was. I lean toward mysteries, horror, paranormal stuff and local gardening books of course. I'm also the caregiver for my 83 year old mom so of course she is helping me expand my limited knowledge of cooking and housekeeping haha, a big challenge for me. Surfing the web as most of you I'm sure is another pastime. Can't forget my love of cats and animals in general. I have 4 cats and 2 of their new found friends at the moment.

Reaction score
I'm in community theatre as a hobby- I sang a lot in high school and college, did theatre in high school and opera and college, and now I just do community theatre :)

I also love to hike! My area has an amazing parks system with a lot of awesome trails, and I try to go at least once a week.

Reaction score
When I am not gardening, I love to read murder/mysteries and horror novels, watch horror movies and romantic comedies, listen to country music, card games, pool, and spending time with my son and watching movies and cartoons with him, he is special needs. He loves to "help" in the garden when I do garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love to write, read, and sew quilts. All are very fun hobbies for me and I can do them just about anywhere so I don't have to be stuck at home to do something I enjoy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
I like to read science fiction. Right now I have been reading Terry Pratchett's books. I usually read every night before I go to sleep: my husband turns the TV on and I pick up a book!

I'm not a huge fan of Terry Pratchett, but I do like sci-fi. If you want a few ideas about what to read try this blog -

http://sciencefictionfantasy.blogspot.co.uk/

I've read his book "The foresight war" which I can recommend, , and I have also read a lot of his reviews, which are very helpful and might give you a few ideas about what author to read next.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I go cycling ,walking,hillwalking ,reading,my garden and photography.

Reaction score
I love to be in the waters fishing for crab or lobster. I could do that everyday until im dead. I have to be close to some body of water or i will go insane.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Read, hike, photography, and sculpting are the main ones. Writing is another that does consume quite a bit of my time.

Ooh sculpting sounds interesting! What material(s) do you use?

Reaction score
When I am not gardening, I love to read murder/mysteries and horror novels, watch horror movies and romantic comedies, listen to country music, card games, pool, and spending time with my son and watching movies and cartoons with him, he is special needs. He loves to "help" in the garden when I do garden.
I love to listen to country music too. I would die without it, and i wish i had a son to watch cartoons with. lol

Reaction score
I love spending time with my daughter and soon to be son on the way next year cant wait as well as trying to sort my garden out at the moment just pebbles everywhere.

Ask a Question