Besides gardening, what you guys like to do?

Reaction score
I like to read science fiction. Right now I have been reading Terry Pratchett's books. I usually read every night before I go to sleep: my husband turns the TV on and I pick up a book!

Reaction score
I love hiking with my dog, photography, and sculpting. Those three things work well together because the wood I sculpt is deadfall from the forests we frequent and the photos I take are nature related. I read a lot too - generally its a fairly peaceful existence.

Reaction score
I love hiking with my dog, photography, and sculpting. Those three things work well together because the wood I sculpt is deadfall from the forests we frequent and the photos I take are nature related. I read a lot too - generally its a fairly peaceful existence.
My Grandfather used to sculpt the most amazing canes from the twisted canes that he found!

As a child I preferred the canes that he carved faces into, but as an adult I prefer the ones that he simply shaped a little and then stained and polished!

Reaction score
I make abstract birds from what I find although I have done a few fish. I love wood in general and will simply clean pieces of it up and display it although the bird thing is very cool and very spiritual.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I goes metal detecting and fishing :)

Reaction score
I also feed the birds. Last week I had a woodpecker eating the birdseed on my deck, and they are unusual out here!

Reaction score
I love reading and writing, if I had more time off I'd also play a lot video games! I also love watching tv, spending some time with family and friends. Sometimes I like cooking, it can be quite relaxing :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Building/fixing things is my main hobby - I'm usually working on one project or another, either DIY related or building something for fun. Currently trying to brush up on my electronics knowledge, as I've not done anything other than the basics in years, so I'm dusting off my soldering iron today!

I goes metal detecting and fishing :)

Have you found much over the years with metal detecting? A Roman hoard would be nice :D.

I love reading and writing, if I had more time off I'd also play a lot video games! I also love watching tv, spending some time with family and friends. Sometimes I like cooking, it can be quite relaxing :)

Video games for me too - although I don't play more than a few hours a week. Just finished Bioshock Infinite and FarCry 2 - so much fun! Which ones are you playing at the moment?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Have you found much over the years with metal detecting? A Roman hoard would be nice :D.

Found over a fiver in loose change last week.

Had some Medieval tokens, lots of 18th Century coins, musket balls, grape shot, 3 stolen cannon shells (brass was still polished, not been in the river long) and a debased gold coin from Edward VI's reign, but I live in hope.

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of free time. However when I do, I love to read. I read any genre too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love reading books:) I'm a bookworm. When I have time for myself, I make myself a cup of hot coffee, I turn on classical music and I start reading:) It's so pleasant!
I'm also interested in fashion, whenever I manage to save some money, I go shopping:) A pretty lace skirt always makes me very happy:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love listening to jazz while I work and reading is one of my favorite things to do. I read just about any story that I find interesting. I have NetFlix's so I'm catching up on some old TV shows that I never had the time to watch when they were out. Right now I am watching Farscap, syfi type of thing.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love listening to jazz while I work and reading is one of my favorite things to do. I read just about any story that I find interesting. I have NetFlix's so I'm catching up on some old TV shows that I never had the time to watch when they were out. Right now I am watching Farscap, syfi type of thing.

Never got into Farscape, more a Star Trek & Stargate fan

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Star Trek and Stargate. The guy that replace Richard Dean Anderson on Star Gate is the same guy younger on Farscape. I didn't really like the show much when it came out but right now I'm desperate for something syfy to watch. I finally got into Doc Who and that is off also.

Ask a Question