Besides gardening, what you guys like to do?

Reaction score
Well you've got me with this one, because, I don't really ever have what could be described as free time, if I'm not physically gardening, I'm normally do something garden orientated, like researching where to get some of the new plants that I want to grow or making plans for things that I want to change in the garden, and if I'm not doing that, I'm either trying to earn money or catch up with household chores, although I do on occasion take a break from it all and watch a film or play scrabble.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love Star Trek and Stargate. The guy that replace Richard Dean Anderson on Star Gate is the same guy younger on Farscape. I didn't really like the show much when it came out but right now I'm desperate for something syfy to watch. I finally got into Doc Who and that is off also.

Have you seen this one? It's like modern retro star trek

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well you've got me with this one, because, I don't really ever have what could be described as free time, if I'm not physically gardening, I'm normally do something garden orientated, like researching where to get some of the new plants that I want to grow or making plans for things that I want to change in the garden, and if I'm not doing that, I'm either trying to earn money or catch up with household chores, although I do on occasion take a break from it all and watch a film or play scrabble.

I only watch an hour or so of telly a day, just to give me time to roll some cigarettes for Ron :D

Reaction score
I used to have two large aviaries and a pond in my garden so I guess I combined bird and fishkeeping with my gardening. I also used to play the odd game of golf and fly radio controlled gliders and aircraft.

Reaction score
Found over a fiver in loose change last week.

Had some Medieval tokens, lots of 18th Century coins, musket balls, grape shot, 3 stolen cannon shells (brass was still polished, not been in the river long) and a debased gold coin from Edward VI's reign, but I live in hope.

That sounds like a really cool hobby and those items are interesting. If you keep at it, you might find something valuable someday.
Wow, there sure is a lot of old gun ammunition in your area.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds like a really cool hobby and those items are interesting. If you keep at it, you might find something valuable someday.
Wow, there sure is a lot of old gun ammunition in your area.

I live in hope :D

Yeah, we had a civil war, there's still towns that don't like each other because they took different sides, and that was hundreds of years ago:rolleyes:

I'm also into Geology, looking for Whale Vomit and collecting rocks that fall out of space
PICT0059.JPG
:)

Reaction score
How can you tell when you've found whale vomit or space rocks? There was a joke in the movie Joe Dirt where the main character thought that he had found a meteorite, but it was actually a chunk of frozen feces that fell out of an airplane bathroom.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
LOL :D

Whale Vomit will have Squid beaks in it and Meteorites have a fusion crust where they melt during entry into the atmosphere :)

My mate thought he'd found some Whale Vomit, even sent it off to be tested, turned out to be a congealed lump of boat wax :D

Reaction score
I like to read and write. In the winter, I cross country ski. During the warmer months, I like to hike. I also run and take Zumba classes. I try to stay active as much as possible. Of course, gardening is my favorite hobby.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs - that's so cool that you found a meteorite! :D You certainly live in a good part of the world for fossils too.

Have you found much ambergris before? I hear it sells for an absolute fortune!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the meteorite so i'd know exactly what i'm looking for.

Not found any Ambergris yet, but the more I look the more likely a find is.

Someone found a lump a few weeks back, same day as I was out searching, on a different beach.

Their lump was estimated at $100,000 :eek:

I got Fossils coming out of my ears :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I like to read and write. In the winter, I cross country ski. During the warmer months, I like to hike. I also run and take Zumba classes. I try to stay active as much as possible. Of course, gardening is my favorite hobby.

I heard there's a Zumba class in Hull where you can smoke :)

Reaction score
Depends on the season but in the winter I play lots of video games and do a lot of writing. I like photography too and I'm learning to cook. When there's no ice outside, I do some skateboarding. When there is ice, I like to slide around on that. I'm also learning to play the keyboard and I'm always checking out new albums and movies. The Potter movies really owned and I can't wait for the final Hobbit movie! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Their lump was estimated at $100,000 :eek:

I got Fossils coming out of my ears :D

WOW! :eek: I knew it fetched a big price, but had no idea it was anywhere near that!!

Just got back from visiting Ian's dad and picked up a load of fossils and minerals that he had in his loft - Ian used to collect them when he was younger, so just got to figure out where to put them now :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lump found on Whitby beach last summer was a bit smaller, think that one was £55,000

Been selling my fossils at car boot sales.

Ask a Question