Balcony garden

Reaction score
It's the same with my love - he always jokes that I have enough of miniature roses and that he won't buy me another one because there is no room for it on my windowsill...but he never keeps this promise - he knows how I love roses and he always surprise me with new ones:D
Aren't we are lucky to have partners who loves us despite our madness? :) I honestly think I am blessed that way.. he will let me do what ever I want...and give in to all my craziness. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Well, mine doesn't let me do everything I want but in general yes, he is very lenient towards my quirks:D . He makes me beyond happy, it's the best feeling in the world to have someone wonderful who loves you the way you are. I always think about this when I look at my roses - all of them are gifts from him:D

Reaction score
Very pretty! I really love all the colors. Do you have any fruits or vegetables in there?

Reaction score
Just curious. One of these days you must reach the point where you will have absolutely no more room for any more plants on your balcony. Then as the plants grow, they are going to become somewhat bigger. Then what do you plan to do? Throw some away?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Throwing plants away would be so awful and cruel:( . I'm a little worried what will I do when my miniature roses will grow bigger. I think I'll build another windowsill from a board:p . You just have to be creative:p

Reaction score
Just curious. One of these days you must reach the point where you will have absolutely no more room for any more plants on your balcony. Then as the plants grow, they are going to become somewhat bigger. Then what do you plan to do? Throw some away?
Victor, Nope never... these plants have been with me for twelve years now.. some are biannuals, some are seasonal . so I keep rotating the pots.. I have a money tree plant and and a Ficus benjamina which have grown too big for my home.. i have donated it to the senior citizens home here.. I always find takers for my plants when they are too big to be in pots. But I also take a cutting and plant them in my balcony.. LOL. This is one huge craze.. I know that not many can understand this..

Reaction score
Very pretty! I really love all the colors. Do you have any fruits or vegetables in there?
Thanks for the compliments Iluvmario, I have herbs, melons and chilies growing in my kitchen window sill. I am trying window gardening with soda bottle at the moment. I have collected all the stuff i need.. I need to get some more compost to start this off. I will have to make some time for this during the week. I need some spinach.. and tomatoes now.. once it gets cold these become too expensive. Fenugreek seeds are something I need on a regular basis for my cooking. These these will need to be grown in bottles too. That is the only space I have right now..LOL

Reaction score
I love the idea of using a small space and filling it with pretties!! Your flowers are gorgeous and I bet it really brightens your day to wake up and see such a colorful array!

So what are you planning to grow when you get into your dream house?

Reaction score
Victor, Nope never... these plants have been with me for twelve years now.. some are biannuals, some are seasonal . so I keep rotating the pots.. I have a money tree plant and and a Ficus benjamina which have grown too big for my home.. i have donated it to the senior citizens home here.. I always find takers for my plants when they are too big to be in pots. But I also take a cutting and plant them in my balcony.. LOL. This is one huge craze.. I know that not many can understand this..

Yes, I can understand that. There was a time when I fell in love with roses. I mean really fell in love like head-over-heels. I started with just one cutting. Then two. And before too long, I was renting an entire empty lot of land just to plant my roses. At the peak, I had more than 200 rose plants, mostly red velvet.

Reaction score
Yes, I can understand that. There was a time when I fell in love with roses. I mean really fell in love like head-over-heels. I started with just one cutting. Then two. And before too long, I was renting an entire empty lot of land just to plant my roses. At the peak, I had more than 200 rose plants, mostly red velvet.
Wow.. I haven't gotten there yet.. I would love to have a little rose garden of my own.. but these just wishes, I may have to wait until I my son is big enough to go to the university and I will leave the city then. I have already bought a nice parcel of land in a little town, a few hours drive from where I live. This land faces a lake and a mango orchard.. the last time I visited I saw kingfishers and parakeets all over the place.. that is where I plan my dream garden. LOL. look at me how I run away with my dreams.. lol :)

Reaction score
Maddie and Claudine, it's not the balcony, but as soon as I saw this I thought of you! I can't insert the image so you'll have to follow the link. This takes indoor growing way beyond anything we have discussed so far!

http://sore-thumbelina.tumblr.com/image/441950289
OMG, where do the people live... My husband is sure to throw me out if I even try that... (just exaggerating of course) but that is a bit to much... it is lovely though... Thanks for posting this Chanell.

Reaction score
Here is something I found...
Patrick_blanc_vertical_garden.jpg

tokyoskscrapergarden.jpg

An office in Japan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie and Claudine, it's not the balcony, but as soon as I saw this I thought of you! I can't insert the image so you'll have to follow the link. This takes indoor growing way beyond anything we have discussed so far!

http://sore-thumbelina.tumblr.com/image/441950289

I want my room to look like this!!! Lol, I really do:D . But these plants would all be miniature roses:D
Maddie - it's so beautiful! I want to have a room like the one in the picture ChanellG posted and I want to work in an office like this one:D
Victor Leigh - I love roses too! Who knows how many of them I'll have in the future:p

Reaction score
I love it too.. we should be living in the garden instead..lol :) I don't mind it though.. my family may object to it.. :D

Here are some more

Indoor-wall-garden-design.jpg

indoor-gardens-paris-france-blanc-patrick-dimanche-house-wall.jpg

Living-Interior-Gardens-Replay-Vertical-Garden-537x368.jpg

Ask a Question