My Balcony Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I do have a rather large balcony but I am still limited in the amount of space I can use for my veggies and flowers. I thought I would show you a pic of my little balcony garden along with my cherry tomatoes which are doing wonderful. Trust me, I do miss my backyard garden but for now, this gives me a lot of pleasure and some veggies too:)
256781073_1373440997.JPG

1969419551_1373440996.JPG

1086588286_1373454586.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your balcony looks so pretty and tidy, I really like it:) . I'm sure that it's very pleasant to sit there and to take care of the plants. I love the one with little, yellow flowers that grows in a hanging basket.

Reaction score
A little garden is much better than no garden at all! What is the lower of the two hanging plants? It looks very happy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Your balcony looks so pretty and tidy, I really like it:) . I'm sure that it's very pleasant to sit there and to take care of the plants. I love the one with little, yellow flowers that grows in a hanging basket.

Thanks so much, Claudine. My balcony is a real joy to me and I love sitting out there amongst my plants. I will say that my cherry tomatoes never make it into the house because i eat them like candy. hehe.....

I'm not sure what the yellow flowers are because I bought them as you see them. There was no tag and I haven't looked them up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
A little garden is much better than no garden at all! What is the lower of the two hanging plants? It looks very happy

You got that right. I am used to a larger backyard garden but we improvise when we have too....I really wish I could tell you the name of the hanging plant but when I bought it , there were no tags. It is very healthy and does seem to love the spot I put it:)

Reaction score
You're very fortunate and blessed. It's no secret that I hate my current apartment and hope to move to a better apartment with a balcony where I can have a small balcony garden.
You're basically living my balcony garden dream. I know it's step down from the larger backyard garden that you're used to, but you're definitely blessed to have such a large balcony and such a great view of green grass and trees. It looks like you put a lot of love and care into setting up your garden and selecting the right spot for everything.
It looks great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
You're very fortunate and blessed. It's no secret that I hate my current apartment and hope to move to a better apartment with a balcony where I can have a small balcony garden.
You're basically living my balcony garden dream. I know it's step down from the larger backyard garden that you're used to, but you're definitely blessed to have such a large balcony and such a great view of green grass and trees. It looks like you put a lot of love and care into setting up your garden and selecting the right spot for everything.
It looks great.

Thank you so much. I love my balcony garden but you aren't going to believe this. I will be moving the first of September and I will no longer have my wonderful balcony or a garden area. No matter how hard I improvise, I won't be able to do much other than have indoor plants.

I do hope you are able to fulfill your balcony garden dream and I hope it doesn't take too long:)

Reaction score
Your balcony garden is suuuuper beautiful!!! I looooove your hanging plants!! Mind telling me what kind of plants are those?? You have the most splendid view over there... I just checked second picture again :) You're very lucky you live in front of such a nice place! If I ever get to live in an apartment (I think I might soon) I'd love to have a balcony garden like yours :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Thanks so much, Trellum. Unfortunately I just moved to another apartment. Although I do have a balcony, it is much smaller and I don't think i will have much in the way of flowers or plants next year. Maybe a couple of hanging plants but that will be it. I do miss my balcony and my balcony garden already:(

Reaction score
What a lovely garden! I have potted plants on a balcony as well. How do you make sure that the plants have the right nutrients to grow? I am having a hard time growing healthy plants in the pots because the soil becomes depleted. Are you rotating your soil or your plants?

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Trellum. Unfortunately I just moved to another apartment. Although I do have a balcony, it is much smaller and I don't think i will have much in the way of flowers or plants next year. Maybe a couple of hanging plants but that will be it. I do miss my balcony and my balcony garden already:(

So sorry that you had to move and that the balcony is smaller. I do hope that you will be able to find the room for a few plants and flowers. They will certainly cheer you up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
What a lovely garden! I have potted plants on a balcony as well. How do you make sure that the plants have the right nutrients to grow? I am having a hard time growing healthy plants in the pots because the soil becomes depleted. Are you rotating your soil or your plants?

Thanks very much. Unfortunately I no longer have that beautiful balcony garden as I have moved to an apartment with a smaller balcony. I never had a problem with my plants growing. To be honest, I didn't do much with them except water, remove deadheads and basic maintenance. Perhaps it was the type of plants I grew. I never rotated my soil or did anything regarding nutrients. Maybe I just got lucky..lol...Sorry I can't be of more help..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
So sorry that you had to move and that the balcony is smaller. I do hope that you will be able to find the room for a few plants and flowers. They will certainly cheer you up!

If there is a will there is a way. I'm hoping by next year I will figure out a way to put some plants and flowers on the new balcony. Because this balcony has thinner rails than my last one, I have already started thinking about patio boxes that hang over the balcony. I think that may be my solution but you are right Shellyann, plants and flowers would definitely cheer me up:)

Reaction score
If there is a will there is a way. I'm hoping by next year I will figure out a way to put some plants and flowers on the new balcony. Because this balcony has thinner rails than my last one, I have already started thinking about patio boxes that hang over the balcony. I think that may be my solution but you are right Shellyann, plants and flowers would definitely cheer me up:)

Where there is a will there is a way. I am sure you will figure it out. Even if you have to put up some hanging baskets that will be very nice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Where there is a will there is a way. I am sure you will figure it out. Even if you have to put up some hanging baskets that will be very nice!
Hanging baskets will probably be the way I have to go and maybe a few planter boxes. Trust me, I will find a way, my friend...hehe

Ask a Question