New balcony gardener in DC!

cschiavoni

Caitlin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi! My name is Caitlin, I'm a brand new gardener from DC, who currently only has access to a small balcony, but I'm trying to make the most of it and learn as much as I can. Expect many questions (some are sure to be silly) as I try to develop my green thumb.

I'm a biology major, and also a bartender. Married, with a cat, an Akita, and a little French Bulldog puppy. Nice to meet you all!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! My name is Caitlin, I'm a brand new gardener from DC, who currently only has access to a small balcony, but I'm trying to make the most of it and learn as much as I can. Expect many questions (some are sure to be silly) as I try to develop my green thumb.

I'm a biology major, and also a bartender. Married, with a cat, an Akita, and a little French Bulldog puppy. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome! I'm a veteran of this forum as of last week! ;) just joined myself, I'm taking since it's on a balcony it's going to be a container/pot type gardener?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
When I first moved to Japan, the only garden space I had was a balcony - but it's definitely possible to make it a super functional and beautiful balcony garden! I loved my green space in the middle of the urban jungle!

Nowadays I have a small yard, but I do appreciate the fun and learning that a balcony garden gave me!

Ask a Question